Hopper S207 Software Release Notes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I'm not sure if it is because of this sofware release or not but all of the sudden yesterday, the thumbnail pictures for about three quarters of the recorded events on my external harddrive went away and now are just a dark gray boxs. Any reason why that would be?

I'm not sure if it is because of this sofware release or not but all of the sudden yesterday, the thumbnail pictures for about three quarters of the recorded events on my external harddrive went away and now are just a dark gray boxs. Any reason why that would be?
I have never been able to get them in the first place. If you find a way please let me know.

Got S2.07 overnight, home media works great using Win 7 or Tversity DNLA server. I am hardwired to hopper with ethernet, no Joey with this Hopper.
Dan

After getting the firmware update, my Hopper now sees my home computer running W7, but then I just get green bars like it's trying to scan for content, but it never updates on the Hopper. I'm hardwired to both boxes via my router, so how long should it take to scan for content?

I have never been able to get them in the first place. If you find a way please let me know.

Yeah, I have never been able to get them on my EHD either. BUT, a lot of them do show up when I go to the Transfer Recordings menu. That bugs me!

Yeah, I have never been able to get them on my EHD either. BUT, a lot of them do show up when I go to the Transfer Recordings menu. That bugs me!
Same her. Xfer menu they're fine, int HD fine. It's a real pain in the ass though because with so many things on the Ext HD, you have to look for the small titles. Much easier looking at the pics. If it has to be with a thumbnail with no cover art, then at least have it as a listing with a larger font and no empty space wasted.

207 on both Hoppers now. So what should I be seeing on my Joeys Broadband page? I still show red on both MOCA, and with ethernet.
how are the joeys connected to your home network? hic? ethernet cable? wifi adapter?

Currently just MOCA, but I did connect one to ethernet before and after the 207 update, and had same results, RED.
strange. based on what others/Dish are saying, it should work after you connected an ethernet cable. maybe it needed a reboot or a reset on the network?

Probably one more reason why I think anyone who's trying to hardwire should just get a HIC at this point (especially if you can get it free during the original install). This whole network connection disclaimer about home networking is getting silly. We know at least that the HIC is working ok for most everyone.

strange. based on what others/Dish are saying, it should work after you connected an ethernet cable. maybe it needed a reboot or a reset on the network?

Probably one more reason why I think anyone who's trying to hardwire should just get a HIC at this point (especially if you can get it free during the original install). This whole network connection disclaimer about home networking is getting silly. We know at least that the HIC is working ok for most everyone.

Ok. I'm an idiot I forgot when we installed the Hopper/Joeys, I swapped some power strips around. Well, the one I was trying to use with my Joey via HomePlug is a higher end power strip that will not pass ethernet. Ran an extension cord from the other open wall outlet, plugged Mr HomePlug into that, and BAM!!!! All green. :eek:

Okay so, you have your home network connected just to the Hopper right (no HIC)? And the Joeys are just connected via MoCA? So what IP address do the Joeys show? An IP address that is served from your router's DHCP service or an address starting with 169.x.x.x?

I don't have a Hopper yet, I'm waiting til they get the bugs out, and following this forum so I know whether they've got the bugs worked out.

Even with the bugs it seems like a nice system. Of course I came from a pair of 322's. While they were far from buggy, they didn't have near the feature set of the Hopper/Joey.

To stay on topic, I finally got the new software. DLNA finally works and can see my computer.

I don't have a Hopper yet, I'm waiting til they get the bugs out, and following this forum so I know whether they've got the bugs worked out.
Well then that totally explains why you don't understand why DLNA doesn't work how you think it should work.

EDIT: Okay. I whipped up these three diagrams to help explain. Let me know if this helps clear things up.

Attachments

• Hopper_Scenario_One.jpg
    Hopper_Scenario_One.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 250
  • Hopper_Scenario_Three.jpg
    Hopper_Scenario_Three.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 233
  • Hopper_Scenario_Two.jpg
    Hopper_Scenario_Two.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:
Bugs? compared to the 922 the Hopper is a walk in the park, I feel it's a great system right out of the box. Now if multiple Hoppers could talk to each other that would be better. Coming soon according to Dish.....

Well then that totally explains why you don't understand why DLNA doesn't work how you think it should work.

EDIT: Okay. I whipped up these three diagrams to help explain. Let me know if this helps clear things up.

I still think you're missing my point. I'm talking about item #5 on the release notes: "5.fixed - Joey showing not connected even when it is connected through the Hopper". That implies that the Hopper IS bridging the Ethernet and MoCA networks, at least as far as Internet access (for what? apps?) is concerned. So why not DLNA as well? Or if I'm mis-understanding it, then what "connection" of the Joey are they talking about?

I am going to play with DLNA on my Hopper/Joey and see what happens. My TV & Xbox both do it well, so I've never even checked it out. I will report back my findings. I do not use a HIC. My Hopper and Joey are direct connected to my network via ethernet (Scenario 3 in Dustoman's diagram).

I was going to get a HIC, but I already have 2 ethernet ports plumbed in at each TV location, so I went for the direct connection. I use TVersity as my DLNA server.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)