Hopper sat auto tune feature

Nick_English8

Original poster
Jun 19, 2014
I have two hoppers with sling and one joey. I have one hopper connected to a tv via hdmi cable. I have the other hopper connected to the same tv via component cables. This would allow me to see either hopper on my main tv. My problem is the sat auto tune function. When I press the sat button on one of the remotes it automatically changes the input on my main tv to hdmi 1. On the old remotes you could follow these instructions (http://www.mydish.com/support/sat-auto-tune?WT.svl=pagecontent) to disable the sat auto tune function. However, the 40.0 UHF will not allow you to follow those instructions. After you hold down sat until all buttons on top light up, when you press the * all lights go off and you are just resuming normal control functions, and it does not disable the sat auto function. Does anyone know how to disable it on the newer remotes? I have tried changing remotes, resetting hopper, unlinking and relinking remotes, but nothing has worked. I don't understand how the remotes Are changing my tv input without the remote being programed to the tv. Does it change the input on the tv by the power going through the hdmi cable? Because, it changes the tuner from different rooms and the tv only accepts basic ir signals. Thanks in advance for any help!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The would be controlled by the HDMI CEC option in the Hopper. Press menu > Settings > HDMI - CEC and turn the option off on the Hopper hooked up through HDMI and that will stop that from happening.

I really don't like that Dish has the HDMI CEC defaulted to "ON." Of course, I've turned mine off. I find, at least for me, the HDMI CE causes more confusing problems similar to the OP's, and the problems compound when an AV receiver is added to the mix . I have also turned it OFF on all my family who have Dish Hoppers. It just creates problems for them, as well. I'm sure Dish is thinking they can prevent a lot of calls to CSR about not having the correct input set, etc. Also, I've found that HDMI CEC has a about an 85% success rate in controlling other equipment. Just my observations and few two cents on the matter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts