Hopper search

356B

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 22, 2010
Northern California
Hello,
I have 2 Hoppers (the original) the search function is acting oddly on both units. I can use the search to find On Demand but when searching for programming clearly on the guide I get "No Results" for locals, and regular channels. i.e. History, PBS, HBO, whatever......It appears to me the search works for programming internally stored ( On Demand,etc.) but date sensitive does not work at all. Any idea what might be going on, it is interesting it occurs on both units.

The entire search interface needs to be changed. It should work the way the vip series worked. It's ridiculous that it starts searching as soon as you type a single letter and it saves each letter as a recent search. It should have a "GO" button that you push AFTER your done typing in the entire search term.

Stupid_zps86166983.jpg

If you type the words fast enough, it doesn't do a single word search. I use the number keypd to do mine, and it only remembers up to when I stopped.

The results should also be sortable by time as on the 722. The Hopper use to allow this . However, now you just get an a-z sort.

The results should also be sortable by time as on the 722. The Hopper use to allow this . However, now you just get an a-z sort.
Mine does not search by a-z or by time. It searches by relevance. My dvr screen has a sort by a-z, but that also has dvr date, most watched, rating.

Mine does not search by a-z or by time. It searches by relevance. My dvr screen has a sort by a-z, but that also has dvr date, most watched, rating.
On the Hopper, if you look in the search filters, you see content type. Then you can define what you are looking for( movies , TV shows, sports, or all). Then you can further refine your sort. The results of that search is a-z. If you want to see the Sci-Fi movies that are starting in the next 15 minutes, you cannot. Now you select movies, then sci-fi under genre, then on next under availability, then program guide under media source. The results are then a-z with no time sort allowed.

I had this same problem, and it was especially a pain because I have several Timers that are Search and Record so that they catch the program or movie over all the channels that it airs. This meant, I would have MISSED several recordings if I had not created short-term standard Timers. In other words, my TV shows were indeed on the guide and NEW, but checking my Timer Schedule for the Seek and Record Timer would show no programs scheduled. I first noticed this last week. This lasted for days.

THEN, as of 2 days ago, I find that all is working as it should. All my Search and Record Timers show episodes will record as scheduled. I have deleted my temp timers. Also, the search function works as it is supposed to now, as well, as it did not before.

Don't know that the problem was, but glad I do not have it anymore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)