Hopper / Sling Adapter / Dish Remote Access

Ray_Clum

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 10, 2005
Indianapolis, IN
When I log into DRA, either on my PC using IE, Firefox or Safari or on my iPad (3rd Gen, running iOS 6, WiFi only) or iPhone (iPhone 5 at&t, running iOS 6, WiFi and LTE signals checked), I can only access the recordings on my Hopper and live TV. I cannot see timers, scheduled recordings, etc. Anyone else have this problem?

I don't think it is a problem, I'm not sure it is available. If it is not maybe they can add it ?

But I think most people would be interested in the remote access working on a consistent basis.

eddwall said:
I don't think it is a problem, I'm not sure it is available. If it is not maybe they can add it ?

But I think most people would be interested in the remote access working on a consistent basis.

If its not going to work they need to remove the option from the DVR section.

stimpson said:
If its not going to work they need to remove the option from the DVR section.

The DVR option lets you watch your recordings on that Hopper. You can also pause LIVE TV, go forward or backwards like a DVR should. You can also record a program.

Ray_Clum said:
When I log into DRA, either on my PC using IE, Firefox or Safari or on my iPad (3rd Gen, running iOS 6, WiFi only) or iPhone (iPhone 5 at&t, running iOS 6, WiFi and LTE signals checked), I can only access the recordings on my Hopper and live TV. I cannot see timers, scheduled recordings, etc. Anyone else have this problem?

He stated that he wished you could see timers, I merely said I didn't know if it was broken or not a feature at this time. You can record present shows and look ahead and record shows in the future.

If you are unable to see your timers that is not normal. You should be able to see your DVR Recordings and Timers. I just checked my own account and they loaded fine. You may want to try resetting your receiver at home and also clear the cache/cookies on your browser and try again and refresh the page a couple times if it still isn't working.

lucky86 said:
If you are unable to see your timers that is not normal. You should be able to see your DVR Recordings and Timers. I just checked my own account and they loaded fine. You may want to try resetting your receiver at home and also clear the cache/cookies on your browser and try again and refresh the page a couple times if it still isn't working.

Now I can see them on my computer, but not my iPhone

The DVR option lets you watch your recordings on that Hopper. You can also pause LIVE TV, go forward or backwards like a DVR should. You can also record a program.

I am well aware of all the functions, as I have two Sling adapters, and use them all the time. My point is if you cant view your timers via the iPhone/iPad app, why have the option there.

Ray_Clum said:

Yes I have the same issue. And when I try to set a timer remote it appears to work but I get home and it is no where to be found in my timers list and doesn't record.

This timer issue is a on going bug. I can see Recordings, PTAT and Rentals when I have them. I have been able to view Timers occasionally but not now and not for a while....I use an iMac on my local network normally.
Since the vip922 the whole DishOnline program has been a work in progress, I must admit it's as good now as it has ever been, finished? no, but better.

Early on when I got the Hopper I observed that DRA would only see new timers I had created after getting the Hopper. So I when and deleted every timer and recreated them. And then the timers disappeared again.

DRA can show my recordings, but nothing else.

I preferred to use DRA to create timers but it doesn't work now. I figure it is a mismatch with the new style timers and the web application. Another bug is if the browser has been opened for a while, the DRA Grid won't fill until unless I close the browser and start it up again.

Another thing I can't figure is that DRA still the previous receivers I had before the Hopper.

I just got a 1H/1J setup today from a 722. I transferred my recordings to an EHD and can now view them on Hopper. However, I can't see any of them when on DRA like I could with the 722. Has anyone else been able to see their EHD recordings through remote acces (PC or Android)? I don't want to transfer these recordings to the Hopper HD just yet as I've read about a bug with recordings becoming corrupted upon transfer. Thanks.

Without being technical, I can say that it is much better to capture the original bitstream than to capture a recompressed copy, which is what you'd get from a slingbox or an hdmi port, which also loses quality.

You don't have to take my word for it that people actually do this. Just look at torrents or usenet, you can get all of the free tv you want. I could go into technical details as to how this is done, but it might break the forum rules.

In any case, putting DRM on a slingbox is just absurd and only serves to annoy people, and does nothing to prevent piracy at large. If it did, you wouldn't see bitstream recorded video floating around on the internet.