Hopper system, with 211k??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mbisson

Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
I few months back I switched from a 722 receiver (with a 211 in my bedroom) to a Hopper Sling with Joey. Then I reactivated the 211 for my RV. the Joey seems to hang up often and needing a reset to show television....so I'm wondering something. Can my 211k be connected to the same LNB as the Hopper and eliminate the need for having a Joey in the bedroom? I know that would lose some functionality in the bedroom, but I'm good with that

Much of my concern arises because when my hopper was installed, they used the old LNB but cut the cable from the dish to my bedroom

The 211 is old, but it works like a champ
1f642.png

Well, assuming you have a DPP LNB (which was the standard for 722’s) then you should be able to work with what you have, you just need to change/add some coax. I’m also assuming you have a wired Joey, if the coax to the bedroom got cut and you are actually running a wireless one then you have to rewire/crimp that room as well. First, you will need a third coax cable run from the dish to where the Node is (You should have a Node with 2 satellite feeds, then one cable going to the Hopper and another optional one to the Joey), then you would disconnect the Joey cable from the node and connect the third satellite feed too that. Preferably with a ground block if this is outside, but you can get by with a barrel connector. Reason you are doing this is because the Node only supply’s satellite signal to the port the Hopper is plugged into, so just connecting the 211 in the bedroom would not work.

Well, assuming you have a DPP LNB (which was the standard for 722’s) then you should be able to work with what you have, you just need to change/add some coax. I’m also assuming you have a wired Joey, if the coax to the bedroom got cut and you are actually running a wireless one then you have to rewire/crimp that room as well. First, you will need a third coax cable run from the dish to where the Node is (You should have a Node with 2 satellite feeds, then one cable going to the Hopper and another optional one to the Joey), then you would disconnect the Joey cable from the node and connect the third satellite feed too that. Preferably with a ground block if this is outside, but you can get by with a barrel connector. Reason you are doing this is because the Node only supply’s satellite signal to the port the Hopper is plugged into, so just connecting the 211 in the bedroom would not work.
thank you....there are actually 2 cables from the LNB that they cut (I sure wish they had just disconnected them LOL) and the remaining cable from the dish to the hopper. And my Joey is wireless

If there is only one coax going to a HUB (small orange splitter esc device) instead of a NODE (gray box with a white label) then you had your LNB changed out. DPP (Node) needs 2 coax runs, DPH (Hub) only needs one. As long as you have a Hopper w/sling and not a Hopper 3 w/sling you can still use the same LNB, you would just reconnect one of the cut runs (I would recomend making sure that the one you use is still hooked up to the second output port on the LNB) to the coax leading to the bedroom, if they are not cut in the middle somewhere you could get a cheap crimping kit on Amazon and just add connectors yourself pretty easily, but if the cable got ruined or cut in to many places somehow then you are going to need a completely new run.

thanks....Cuts are a just below the dish, but I'm sure there's enough slack under the house that I can pull to make it run back to the lnb, so I'll give that a shot first :)

.I've been looking for an excuse to buy a crimp kit, and this is it ;) . And anyhow, It'll allow me to put new ends on some old RV cables that need them badly LOL

If there is only one coax going to a HUB (small orange splitter esc device) instead of a NODE (gray box with a white label) then you had your LNB changed out. DPP (Node) needs 2 coax runs, DPH (Hub) only needs one. As long as you have a Hopper w/sling and not a Hopper 3 w/sling you can still use the same LNB, you would just reconnect one of the cut runs (I would recomend making sure that the one you use is still hooked up to the second output port on the LNB) to the coax leading to the bedroom, if they are not cut in the middle somewhere you could get a cheap crimping kit on Amazon and just add connectors yourself pretty easily, but if the cable got ruined or cut in to many places somehow then you are going to need a completely new run.

Does your hopper receiver have a red stripe like the one in the picture? If so you have a hopper 3 which is different than what's called a hopper with sling

Attachments

• ESHOPPER3_0.JPG
    ESHOPPER3_0.JPG
    3.7 KB · Views: 82
Reactions: charlesrshell
Go to the Check Switch Screen - Home 3 times, Dish (#3) and it will say Switch DPP or Hybrid DPH. If it's DPP, just run a cable from any of the first three ports on the LNB to your 211. If it says Hybrid, you're out of luck

I'm pretty sure non-hybrid receivers don't disable port 2 on a hybrid LNB, should be fine if he truly has a Hopper1/2, since those do DPX and LNB>Duo Hub is how you can do 2xHopper's or Hopper/Superjoey before the H3. Only thing might be if port 2 is locked out to only do another Hopper/SJ, then there might be a problem. I have a H2000 and a 211z laying around so I'm probably going to test this to make sure, just need to setup a tripod in my yard

Last edited:
Reactions: TheKrell
08E7F566-0C74-458C-95ED-3770933EE229.jpeg
Yep, this is the 211z running on port 2 just fine. Both this and the Hopper 1 play D101 no problem (they aren’t active so that’s all I bothered with), both pass check switch, and the Hopper shows all 3 tuners. For the giggles I also swapped the cables around and the Hopper worked fine on port 2 without complaints. So yeah, Hopper1/2 and any DPP receiver for that manner don’t disable port 2, but I think Wally/Hopper Duo run in hybrid/stacking mode despite being retro compatible with DPP, and I’m guessing those would disable the second port/complain if not on port 1

Last edited:
Reactions: TheKrell and HipKat