Hopper update “fix”

littlecloud319

Tech guru
Original poster
May 22, 2017
Black Creek WI
After seeing people having similar issues to this lady bellow I am posting the solution here for easy access. This is what worked for me and I assume should work for others as I haven’t heard any negative feedback from the few people I have already told.

I think I'm in the correct thread. I came here and registered tonight in hopes someone could help me fix the problem. Looks like it may be impossible?

We have a Hopper with Sling, super Joey, and 3 more minis. Only problem I've had is the nightly FIGHT I have with the system every hour in the hour from 1-5am shutting down, interrupting viewing, I would usually have it on swap in order to go back and watch two shows on my bedroom tuner, and that was frustrating enough to the point I was contemplating changing to directv.

But now, I can't watch anything anytime. I get home at 12:30am, record shows to watch after getting home.
My system upgraded last weekend and it has ruined the whole thing.
My recordings don't play, it's just a black screen. I exit out of the DVR and it goes to a black screen, no live tv. I have to reboot every single time I attempt watching a recorded program. I know "some" are recording because a few of them will show up after the unplugging and reboot. My internet drops randomly, many times a day, half of the shows I set to record don't even record, I like to see what's "trending", and it only shows the local now and not the national, (I know, I know, that sounds small) but, I want the better system I had five days ago. I was hoping I would read that there is an update coming soon to fix all these bugs, but looks like it is what it is!

Is there no "fix" that anyone knows about? I think I like dish better than the other, but reliability, and paying $190 a month for something unusable is dumb on my part!
Anyone know of anything? A fix?

Thanks!

**********Solution**********

Do a full reset of all the systems. Then unplug all of them (before the start downloading)except the hopper and update it. Then plug in the super joey and update that. (But don’t plug it back in until after the hopper is updated) After those two are updated plug in the joeys(minis) one at a time and update them. This is becoming a common problem when the new UI is pushed out. They have to be updated one at a time. When they all try to download at the same time the files get corrupted.

If you need further help just ask.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

I updated my HWS this morning with the super Joey unplugged as recommended by several on here. After the HWS had completely finished, I plugged the SJ back in. I can not find how to download the update for it? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

I updated my HWS this morning with the super Joey unplugged as recommended by several on here. After the HWS had completely finished, I plugged the SJ back in. I can not find how to download the update for it? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Let it sit a while.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts