Hopper use in RV and home

dgcarver

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 30, 2011
Bartlesville, OK
I have a hopper 3 with 2 wireless joey's in my RV with a DPH42 switch and Traveler dish. It is working fine! I am mounting a hybrid LNB dish on my house to be able to use the hopper and joey's in the house when I am not traveling. I assume that I will have to run the "Check Switch" and change WiFi setup each time I move the system since I have two different dish setups? Anyone else have that kind of setup? What other things should I be aware of?

Sometimes when switching between DPH-42 Switch and a Hybrid LNBF, I found that just a Switch Check was not enough, I had to do a Hopper Reset in the Tools menu.

Reactions: pattykay
Sometimes when switching between DPH-42 Switch and a Hybrid LNBF, I found that just a Switch Check was not enough, I had to do a Hopper Reset in the Tools menu.
So are you saying you do the check, and then reset and do check again? I do remember when I initially hooked up the Hopper in my RV (I installed all the equipment replacing my VIP211K's) it did not recognize the DPH-42 so I powered down and up and then it did. Or, I didn't wait long enough the first time, because it seemed to take a long time.

I hate pulling the power cord and I have found that the Tools / Reset to do the same thing. It seems that just a Switch Check does not handle the change from a normal switch to the hybrid switch.

I do remember I did a power cycle when I didn't have the DPH-42 powered on first.

Reactions: pattykay
I always turn the dph42 on first before powering up the hopper. Thanks for the reply! Now I am deciding what I want to do wither remotes since I have different amps and tv. I have a harmony and will probably use it at home and the dish one in the RV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts