Hopper versions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

PHXHoward

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 28, 2009
PHX
Hi my mom is having Dish installed right now. I knew she was not going to get a Hopper 3 but I thought that the other option was Hopper with Sling. The Hopper that was delivered is called HOPPER REMAN STANDALONE. She will never use the Sling feature so I don't mind that it is missing but I want to make sure that the internals are modern and it will perform well over the next couple of years. Let me know what to expect. Thanks

Howard

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Remanufactured.

I would not accept a H1, if that's what it is. Old and slow.

Find out for sure which model.

Reactions: DWS44
Yeah, insist on a newer model. The H1 refurb may be OK as far as reliability, but performance will be laggy. Now is when you have leverage to get what you want.

Well, I guess in that case, she doesn't know any different (as in, no previous Hopper experience). Giving NEW customers remanufactured, Hopper 1 units ? Ouch...

Well, I guess in that case, she doesn't know any different (as in, no previous Hopper experience). Giving NEW customers remanufactured, Hopper 1 units ? Ouch...

Makes you wonder if an installer was trying to take advantage of a situation to clear some old stock. o_O

In either event, It's good the OP was around to look out for her!

Reactions: navychop
She ordered the Flex Pack + Locals so they probably give Hopper 1 to keep costs down.The phone rep said that the fee for the Hopper 1 had been credited back before we were charged for the HWS. Hopeful that it will all show up correctly on the next bill. :)

Howard

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts