hopper vs. standard receiver price question

comof

Original poster
Jan 11, 2013
eastern Oregon
I currently have one vip622 running a hd tv and a sd tv, I'm wanting to add another hd tv, the sd tv isn't used a lot but I want to keep it. My question is, would the subscription be cheaper to change to a hopper system for the two hd tv's and sd tv or just get another vip receiver for the new hd tv? I've tried to look on dish's site but can't find the info and the telephone support wasn't much better.

I currently have one vip622 running a hd tv and a sd tv, I'm wanting to add another hd tv, the sd tv isn't used a lot but I want to keep it. My question is, would the subscription be cheaper to change to a hopper system for the two hd tv's and sd tv or just get another vip receiver for the new hd tv? I've tried to look on dish's site but can't find the info and the telephone support wasn't much better.

Hopper system for 3 TVs is more expensive. Dvr fee goes up, additional reciever fees also.

I would get a 211k and plug it on that extra TV...unless you're determined to watch programming in the other room from the main DVR

existing setup + 211k....$7 DVR fee for 622, $7 extra reciever fee...one time $40 fee to trun the 211k into a DVR
Hawper...$10 DVR fee + 14 for 2 Joeys.

I agree with the 211. The 211 can also get OTA (with an antenna and good reception in the area) integrated in the EPG.

There are some drawbacks with the 211k route:

1. TV 2 is SD
2. No way to share recordings between 211k and 622

But, as noted above it costs less in monthly fees

Well ... depends on what you are after too ... with the Hopper, you do get the whole skip commercial thing ... PTAT ... and now built in Sling ... with iPad offline viewing.

Not quite sure if that would be worth the extra per month cost to you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts