Hopper w/Sling & Adding Super Joey

velosophie

Original poster
Jul 31, 2019
Springfield, OR
Hello,
I have a hopper with sling installed by the satellite technician but now I've decided to add a super joey and I'm having a little trouble getting it to work. I found a diagram online and hooked it up but it isn't quite right. They link together but the super joey isn't working. The technician hooked the hopper with sling up to the lnb in the first port with a hybrid solo hub. He said all I just had to do was add another wire to the solo hub and run it to the joey but I ended up getting a super joey so the directions said to hook it to the second port in the lnb then to an integrator and hook the integrator to the hybrid solo hub and run from the integrator to the super joey. I did that but I think I'm missing a step somewhere. The super joey also came with a hybrid duo hub. Do I need to add that in somewhere too? or replace the hybrid solo hub with the duo hub? I'm attaching the diagram I used except I have the hybrid solo hub not the plain solo hub and my lnb had 2 out ports and one in port. Any assistance would be great appreciated.

wiring-diagram-jpg.110332

Hello,
I have a hopper with sling installed by the satellite technician but now I've decided to add a super joey and I'm having a little trouble getting it to work. I found a diagram online and hooked it up but it isn't quite right. They link together but the super joey isn't working. The technician hooked the hopper with sling up to the lnb in the first port with a hybrid solo hub. He said all I just had to do was add another wire to the solo hub and run it to the joey but I ended up getting a super joey so the directions said to hook it to the second port in the lnb then to an integrator and hook the integrator to the hybrid solo hub and run from the integrator to the super joey. I did that but I think I'm missing a step somewhere. The super joey also came with a hybrid duo hub. Do I need to add that in somewhere too? or replace the hybrid solo hub with the duo hub? I'm attaching the diagram I used except I have the hybrid solo hub not the plain solo hub and my lnb had 2 out ports and one in port. Any assistance would be great appreciated.

To add just a Joey, the tech is correct in saying you'd just run a cable off one of the client ports of the solo hub. To add a super Joey, you'll need to run a second line off the dish, and replace the solo hub with the duo. Then each receiver will connect to the two host ports on the duo hub. No integrator or anything else will be needed.

Hello,

The diagram you're using is outdated. osumike is correct (Except I'd swap the ports that the Hopper and Super Joey are connected to

The diagram you're using is outdated. osumike is correct (Except I'd swap the ports that the Hopper and Super Joey are connected to

Thank you both, I will give it a try. The other thing I've noticed is that the hub the technician installed does not have any ground wire. Is that needed? I see one in the diagram you posted.

Like this.. Disregard the Joey in this exampleView attachment 139876

Ok I tried hooking it up exactly like you said and switched the hopper and super joey ports. I am still getting the popup error for the super joey. When I go to diagnostics on the hopper, under "whole home" it says the super joey is linked and the quality is strong but its not working. In the diagnostics under the dish tab, it says there is a reception error under reception and on switch status, the first 3 have green check marks but 4 & 5 have red x's. The super joey also came with the integrator. I wondering if I need to use it as well? Any other suggestions?

I would run check switch on the hopper with the super Joey in standby. Once done, cancel back out until you see it acquiring signal, and then put the hopper in standby by pressing the front panel power button. Let it sit for a half hour this way. At some point the hopper will accept those additional tuners from the sj.

Good morning, velosophie! We definitely understand how frustrating it can be to not have access to the Super Joey tuners. Have you been able to access the tuners since you installed the Super Joey? Or are they still showing with the red X's?

- Jake B

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)