Hopper w/Sling... forward/back skip on streaming is terrible

azbruno

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
SF Bay Area
I was streaming an On Demand movie and used the Skip Forward and Skip Back buttons and the interface was terrible. I got stuck icons in the lower right part of the screen, stuck buffering indicators and it was difficult to tell where it was. The only way to clean it up was to use Pause and Play a couple times.

This was not a problem in the past when On Demand would actually record to the DVR. Now it just sucks. I have the latest software on the HWS but this has been problematic for a while. I tested the wireless download speed and it runs between 50-60Mbps so that's plenty. My Amazon Fire TV and Roku sticks work so much better.

How do we get Dish to make it work like it used to? (Yes, rhetorical question)

I was streaming an On Demand movie and used the Skip Forward and Skip Back buttons and the interface was terrible. I got stuck icons in the lower right part of the screen, stuck buffering indicators and it was difficult to tell where it was. The only way to clean it up was to use Pause and Play a couple times.

This was not a problem in the past when On Demand would actually record to the DVR. Now it just sucks. I have the latest software on the HWS but this has been problematic for a while. I tested the wireless download speed and it runs between 50-60Mbps so that's plenty. My Amazon Fire TV and Roku sticks work so much better.

How do we get Dish to make it work like it used to? (Yes, rhetorical question)
My experience with my fairly new Hopper 3 is similar to yours (and with my previous HWS). I try to skip back more than 10 seconds, and if the skip/pause banner is still on the screen it thinks I am trying to rewind and tells me that rewind is not possible. It is kind of irritating, I should be able to rewind the actual content of the show if I want to view something again. Now I just try to start the show and leave it alone to avoid problems.

Reactions: pattykay
My experience with my fairly new Hopper 3 is similar to yours (and with my previous HWS). I try to skip back more than 10 seconds, and if the skip/pause banner is still on the screen it thinks I am trying to rewind and tells me that rewind is not possible. It is kind of irritating, I should be able to rewind the actual content of the show if I want to view something again. Now I just try to start the show and leave it alone to avoid problems.
That "rewind is not possible" message is very irritating. I used to get that message all of the time on my Wally. Even worse, it was doing that for DVR recordings, and even Live TV. I got so ticked off with it that I downgraded to a ViP211k. This means no VOD, and only one satellite tuner, but at least DVR functionality works properly for me now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)