Hopper w/sling (Hopper 2.0) dead/dying?

StanDarsh

PIT MEMBER
Original poster
Jan 10, 2015
Georgia and such
So..was watching some local news on the 4k joey...so it was just playing along fine...and the 4k joey suddenly went into standby mode...I thought maybe it was the inactivity standby, so I tried to turn it back on and it wouldn't do anything except show a black screen...

Went to check on the HWS in the bedroom and it's on this boot screen that I've never seen before... This is the same boot screen that you get when you hold the channel down and power button....
So I've been waiting for it to come back on maybe an hour now...and it doesn't appear as though the progress indicator is even moving.
Ideas? Thoughts?

So..was watching some local news on the 4k joey...so it was just playing along fine...and the 4k joey suddenly went into standby mode...I thought maybe it was the inactivity standby, so I tried to turn it back on and it wouldn't do anything except show a black screen...

Went to check on the HWS in the bedroom and it's on this boot screen that I've never seen before... This is the same boot screen that you get when you hold the channel down and power button....
So I've been waiting for it to come back on maybe an hour now...and it doesn't appear as though the progress indicator is even moving.
Ideas? Thoughts?

The boot recovery on a receiver can take up to 4 hours to complete. However during that time, the indicator should be filling out as the recovery goes through. If the indicator hasn't filled at all during the first hour, it could point to a hard drive issue with the Hopper. We would recommend reaching out to our Chat Teams here if that is the case.

Reactions: HipKat
The boot recovery on a receiver can take up to 4 hours to complete. However during that time, the indicator should be filling out as the recovery goes through. If the indicator hasn't filled at all during the first hour, it could point to a hard drive issue with the Hopper. We would recommend reaching out to our Chat Teams here if that is the case.

Thank you...I'll have to wait until monday to hear back from someone. I have a different department that I deal with when it comes to this..and I don't think they are in on the weekends.

Reactions: HipKat
It might be best to take this as an indicator of impending demise. Put everything onto an EHD and fleet up to an H3 or go with another, OLD and maybe refurbished HWS. Keep in mind, they haven’t made the HWS in years, nor are there new HDDs sitting around to be installed inside. You would be trading one elderly piece of equipment for another, probably just about as elderly. 16 tuners and faster operation are secondary considerations.

It might be best to take this as an indicator of impending demise. Put everything onto an EHD and fleet up to an H3 or go with another, OLD and maybe refurbished HWS. Keep in mind, they haven’t made the HWS in years, nor are there new HDDs sitting around to be installed inside. You would be trading one elderly piece of equipment for another, probably just about as elderly. 16 tuners and faster operation are secondary considerations.

It isn't up to me to decide ... I have lots of HDD lying around, but I can't do that myself.

But, as luck would have it, it suddenly started working again. I left it running the bootloader and went to cut grass.. I came back in 3 hours later and it was playing a TV show.

Not sure what the hiccup was...but maybe it's fixed???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts