Hopper w/ Sling just formatted it self and now recordings

JerseyGuy

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 4, 2006
I was watching TV when the TV froze for a good 15-20 seconds and then rebooted itself. When it returned it said updating DVR/Guide do not use DVR or create timers. Now I got no timers no recordings This is happened to me before but I still have a few questions

1. Anyway to get those recordings back, any built in recovery software. I'll assume no.
2. It doesn't see my external drives, will I be able to reattach them.
3. I'm going to assume, this has something to do with my internal hard drive failing somewhat
a. Has dish ever thought to use a S.M.A.R.T function to warn customers about possible impending doom LOL
b. Anyway to tell whether the Hopper they sent me was a refurb. It was sent via customer retention

Did a bit of googling and found advice to do a hard reset (unplug) for a minute or 2. everything is back. I should probably back everything up to the hard drive. But would I be able to restore to a new hopper if the current one was to fail?

Reactions: thomasjk
Did a bit of googling and found advice to do a hard reset (unplug) for a minute or 2. everything is back. I should probably back everything up to the hard drive. But would I be able to restore to a new hopper if the current one was to fail?
Yes you will be able to do that. You can also restore your timers to a new Hopper.

The EHD would need to be attached to the account the Hooper the recordings are from. They will not work on any Hoopers attached to a different account. There has been reports that the recording don't always transfer back to another Hooper on the same account, but you would be able to play the recordings from the EHD without transferring them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)