Hopper/wireless?

Allin4greeN

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 13, 2005
Lancaster County
Ok, so it's been quite a long time since I posted here. In fact, this is my first time using the mobile version of the site. Kudos guys, it works awesome!

Here's where I'm hoping you can help me... I don't know what switches or equipment are feeding my current setup, but I have one 722k (1st floor) backfeeding a HDTV (2nd floor); and a 211k in the basement (3 total viewing locations). In looking at upgrade options I discovered the wireless Joey and would love to do the following... use the Hopper at primary viewing location (1st floor); add a second viewing location HDTV (1st floor) with wireless Joey, since there's currently no coax feed; and place two wired Joeys at each of the other two locations, 2nd floor and basement (4 total viewing locations).

I couldn't find complete pricing structure for all equipment, so in addition to wondering if it's possible from a technical standpoint, what are the upgrade and monthly equipment costs for this type setup? I'm on the AT200 w/HBO.

Thanks in advance for any guidance, hopefully these types of questions are still within forum rules!

-B

Best for you to contact DIRT for pricing and tech help. Direct to the best source of info.

Would be interested in knowing how your wireless joeys function since they will be on different floors than your hopper
I have two Wireless Joeys upstairs connected to the Joey Wireless Access Point (WAP) downstairs. The WAP is connected to a HWS. Both Wireless Joeys work great. It is just one of those things that you never know how a Wireless Joey will perform in your home until you try, but a pretty good chance it will perform OK.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)