Hopper wiring question.

BearHuntr

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 11, 2003
So, I'm trying to prepare as much as possible ahead of time for my Hopper installation. I'm only planning on getting just the Hopper alone and no Joeys. I've currently got a 922 with one coax (I think RG6) cable coming from a 1000.4 dish that splits in two right before connecting to the 922. I have an old Sirius antenna with a single coax (also RG6) that I'm no longer using that is right next to the dish. So, if I disconnect the Sirius coax line and have it available for the installer to connect it to the dish, that would work as a second line. Those two lines from the dish would then connect to a Single Node and a single coax line would come from that Node to the Hopper. Is all of that correct?

You don't need to worry about any of that. The installer will add a second line from the Dish to the Solo Node (if it's not already there), which will be outside, then reuse the existing single cable already connected to your 922. So a third tuner and PTAT is enough for you to want to upgrade, huh?

You don't need to worry about any of that. The installer will add a second line from the Dish to the Solo Node (if it's not already there), which will be outside, then reuse the existing single cable already connected to your 922. So a third tuner and PTAT is enough for you to want to upgrade, huh?
I'd really prefer not to have any new lines put in, so I'm hoping that what I have is sufficient. Yep, the Hopper alone should be a great improvement over the 922. The third tuner should help with the constant conflicts that we seem to run into. There are just two of us and we pretty much always watch the same things together, so I have the HDMI output connected to a 4-way HDMI splitter.

Keep in mind that DNS is also requiring a minimum of 3ghz rated RG6 cable to the Hopper.
How can we tell if the cable we have is compliant?

BearHuntr said:
I'd really prefer not to have any new lines put in, so I'm hoping that what I have is sufficient. Yep, the Hopper alone should be a great improvement over the 922. The third tuner should help with the constant conflicts that we seem to run into. There are just two of us and we pretty much always watch the same things together, so I have the HDMI output connected to a 4-way HDMI splitter.

How can we tell if the cable we have is compliant?

It must be printed on the cable from the node to the hopper, 3Ghz. If it doesnt have that printed on it, then it must be replaced, as per installation requirements.

blackjackmark said:
Or in my case...how long has Dish been using 3GHz RG6 in new installs? I moved in Sept 2010 and got the Dish installed then. My wiring arrangement is identical to the OP.

Since i started in 2007. Lol

Or in my case...how long has Dish been using 3GHz RG6 in new installs? I moved in Sept 2010 and got the Dish installed then. My wiring arrangement is identical to the OP.

Since i started in 2007. Lol
Just curious if you work for Dish or an independent contractor? And has that been the Dish spec all along? Or did your company (assuming you're an independent contractor) just run better cable than Dish required? I'm just hoping to be able tu reuse the cable that already fished through the wall, and of it's been the Dish-spec since 2007 I should be fine.

I hope I have 3GHz RG6, I know my house is under 10 years old so hopefully I am good. One thing is where my 211 is in the bedroom the TV is to the right of the doorway but the cable outlet is on the left side. So I have a thin coax cable that runs around the door. This works with the 211, should it also work with a Joey?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)