Hopper with external sling problem

Barry Erick

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 27, 2004
Dallas
First, in Dish Anywhere, I get the green LR receiver is ok. But it tells me I do not have DISH PRIMETIME enabled at the hopper (I do) and in profile, it says I do not have an external HD (I do and it works from the hopper). Boradband is ok. I rebooted from Dish Anywhere and it rebooted, so network works. Am I using the correct app to watch my DVR? Or any hints. This Hopper was a replacement in March and I never tried Dish Anywhere since before then and it worked (or whatever app I used).

This is weird. My main PC is ok. It and the laptop, web book and table all go though the Wi-Fi, but only the PC works. All get the same stuff from the router. The hopper is hardwired, but it has to be correct as the main pc works. Under My equipment, the Sling adapter I obtained from DISH does not show. Only the two hoppers I've had and the ota module. In my profile, the external HD which shows on the hopper says NA. I login ok on all and have checked passwords as I use keepass and on all units it is the same.

I found the probem In my first Hopper, I named its location LR. In the replacement Hopper, I named the location Living Room 1. Of course, for some dumb dish reason, the green indicator was still on LR. I did not see the dropdown showing Living Room 1, also with a green indicator. Why in the world would this look at any hoppers and still see a non existent one? Well, selecting Living Room 1 got things working. This is how a 70 year old mind can get screwed up... by something that dish should program around.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts