Hopper with sling + hopper streaming capabilities?

JaredG

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 12, 2004
Hello,

I'm an old Dish subscriber coming back after a few years away. My installation is scheduled for Monday and I'm getting two Hoppers (one with built-in sling and one without) and one Joey.

My question is is this: Can the Hopper with sling stream content from the other Hopper?

Thanks.

No you can't "sling" from the second Hopper to the first, but you can access all the recordings on the other Hopper and enjoy them with all the features and resolution just like it was on the main Hopper.

Hopper and Hopper w/Sling can share recordings (AKA Whole-Home) with each other. In order to get Sling on all Hoppers, you will need a Sling Adapter on all non-Hopper w/Slings. If you plan on using Sling on both Hoppers, you would be better off paying the upfront cost of two Hoppers w/Sling than getting a cheaper Hopper upfront then having to buy the $50 Sling Adapter.

Thanks for the replies. I'm not overly concerned about slinging content from the other hopper, but I was curious about the capabilities.

Transfer via EHD, if need be. But the future proofing, convenience and improved performance might be worth- what, a $100 extra up front?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)