Hopper with sling resolution question

LayneB

Original poster
Nov 2, 2015
Oklahoma city
I own a hopper with sling. I'm considering buying a new TV, but i don't want to buy one over the resolution my Hopper with Sling isn't capable of handling, because that'd waste money. Can anyone tell me the resolution of live TV output and Video on Demand output? If any more information is needed i'll try all i can to get you the info. Thanks, LayneB

1080p is the maximum resolution currently.

However 4K is coming quickly so while looking compaire prices as you might be able to get a 4K for just about as much as a 1080p set. :)

BTW :welcome

1080p is the maximum resolution currently.

However 4K is coming quickly so while looking compaire prices as you might be able to get a 4K for just about as much as a 1080p set. :)

BTW :welcome
Thanks for your input! Now that i'm looking at it, 4k is actually looking promising. Blu-ray players can support 4k, so if I watch a movie i can still enjoy the 4k resolution. Thanks again, LayneB

Yes and no to the Blu-ray... Some players will upconvert to 4K resolutions however as of today there is no 4K Blu-ray player that does native 4K Blu-ray on the market. There are supposed to be a few by the end of the year (which is coming up quick) but they are pricy.

If your looking for 4K content I suggest a Roku 4. Lots of 4K out there. :D

4K downconverted to 1080P should look pretty awesome too, I would think.
Don't bet on it.

That's a lot of data to process and the interest in downconverting probably isn't all that high given that you can surely obtain 1080p mastered content for significantly less money/bandwidth if that's what you really need.

My local Costco demos downconverted UHD content on some of their big 1080p screens and it suffers. I'm not sure where the conversion is happening but I wouldn't expect a UHD Blu-ray player to go out of its way to support 1080p.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)