Hopper with Sling S517 Update Is Here

I'd rather not buy another DVR just for OTA, but will if I have to. Doesn't Dish understand that puts me one step closer to cutting the cord? If I buy another DTVPal DVR or modern equivalent, I might as well buy a Hauppage also and start getting to work.

I'd rather not buy another DVR just for OTA, but will if I have to. Doesn't Dish understand that puts me one step closer to cutting the cord? If I buy another DTVPal DVR or modern equivalent, I might as well buy a Hauppage also and start getting to work.

I did this last year with a Tivo Roamio, after putting up with the general flakiness of the dongle and and video glitches on several Dish provided local channels. With a separate DVR, I quickly realized how frequently I watch local channels and by comparison, how infrequently I watch cable channels. I'm not to the point of cutting the cord, but it is a real eye opener.

I have it, whatever it is. What does it change, the proverbial "bug fixes"?
I don't know but last night when I tried to edit a timer during primetime anytime was recording it caused my hopper to reboot when I hit save on the timer. The timer was unrelated to anything that was recording at the time.

Subscribers who lock out Fox News get them last.

:) :) :)

I've notices those who pay the bills early get updates in a timely manner. Those that delay paying until late in the cycle, well they get updates commensurate with their payment promptness. :)

I got S517 on both of my Hoppers yesterday. This morning, I set up a timer for a new network show during prime time. I have PTAT turned on. When I attempted to save the timer, I got a message that there was a conflict on my Hopper and offered to record the show on my other Hopper. I refused the request, and the Hopper saved the timer. Looks like a bug.

I got the update on my HWS last Friday morning. The apparent start of this rollout. With all the speculation as to when the gods bless you with getting the update I gotta chuckle.. I own my HWS. No contract, no nut'n. :glasses

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts