Hopper With Sling uses?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nyrfan1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 18, 2014
San Francisco
I have a purchased Hopper (2) with sling that I haven't been using since I started using the Hopper 3. Is there anything I can use it for?

I have a purchased Hopper (2) with sling that I haven't been using since I started using the Hopper 3. Is there anything I can use it for?
You can't mix Hoppers on a account..If your using a Hopper 3 then the only Hopper you can add to the account is another Hopper 3.. Your Hopper With Sling cannot be used with the Hopper 3

Rv/camper? Otherwise eBay it for a hundred.
eBay may be starting to crack down on Hopper listings, at Dish's request:
Well, Dish reported me and asked eBay to remove my Hopper 3 listing. Has anyone ever heard of this? I’m a little stunned and not sure what to do at this point.

- Your listing was reported by DISH Network LLC - Echostar Corporation for violating their software licensing rights. eBay’s Verified Rights Owner (VeRO) program offers intellectual property rights owner(s) a way to report listings that they believe infringe on their rights
- Some software companies have specific licensing agreements that restrict the resale of their software, keys, accounts, or virtual items associated with the same. If you don't have permission to resell their software, keys, accounts, or virtual items on eBay, you may be violating this agreement
- If you believe a mistake has been made, you will need to contact the rights owner directly. If the rights owner approves your appeal, please have them contact us directly to reinstate your listing(s)
Of course, it appears that this policy may be specific to the Hopper 3, so a Hopper 2 may be safe for now. Why take that chance, though? The Classifieds section here at SatelliteGuys is a much more reliable way of listing Hoppers for sale, and making sure that they stay listed until they sell.
If there are existing recordings on the internal hard drive, then it may still be useful for watching those. By adding a USB OTA adapter, it would also still work for OTA channels. (This is assuming that you still have a way to hook it up to get a satellite signal, for the guide information.) Otherwise, yeah, the best advice is probably to sell it.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)