Hopper with sling wanted to watch movies on Ipad not connected to internet

Jimbarbg

Original poster
Dec 2, 2008
Hello,
I just got my Hopper with sling and a new IPAD, is there a program that i can transfer programs that I have recorded with the Hopper and watch them when I am not connected to the internet. I have used the Dish anywhere feature when I am connected to broadband somewhere, but I want to be able to let the kids watch a few TV Shows while we are traveling on vacation. I tried to click on (prepare movie for mobile) but I can not fined the file. I would also be nice to be able to let them watch it on a laptop also.

Thanks
Jim

Hello,
I just got my Hopper with sling and a new IPAD, is there a program that i can transfer programs that I have recorded with the Hopper and watch them when I am not connected to the internet. I have used the Dish anywhere feature when I am connected to broadband somewhere, but I want to be able to let the kids watch a few TV Shows while we are traveling on vacation. I tried to click on (prepare movie for mobile) but I can not fined the file. I would also be nice to be able to let them watch it on a laptop also.

Thanks
Jim

On the Dish Anywhere app you want to select MY DVR and then Recordings. From there you can select a program and then select Prepare for Mobile. Once you do that you can monitor the transfer by selecting My Transfer at the bottom of the screen.

And to watch on your laptop you go to Dish Anywhere web site & stream recordings from your dvr (enter your password/log in) - but you cannot transfer to a laptop for use without the internet.

Will the download with no internet work on a MAC laptop? Can anything other than an iPad be used? Like a Samsung?
I would like to download and watch some shows remotely (no internet) also but have no other use for an expensive iPad.

You can only download (transfer) to an ipad, android tablet, or phone. You cannot transfer to any laptop or pc, doesn't matter what brand, feature is not meant to work that way (streaming only). If you do get a device so that you can transfer & take with you, remember that video takes up a lot of space so you need to have a device with enough room on the internal memory (sd cards do not count as storage for transferred video). http://www.dish.com/technology/dish-anywhere/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts