Hopper with tailgater

I still think if enough of us raise a stink, they could reconsider. DISH will have their hands full with subscribers complaining about the AMC drop (Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead). I understand their network negotiation issues, but the VIP/Hopper issue is all on them.

Dish has already reconsidered. They said after team summit that they heard from enough customers and retailer about it that they are working on a solution for it.

The only solution that they need to work on is to allow it in their billing system. The actual setup works just fine with a switch. At my house I have 2 hoppers, 4 joeys, a 922 and a 722k all running off the same dish with a dpp44 and a dpp33. No problems (obviously two separate accounts).

Dish has already reconsidered. They said after team summit that they heard from enough customers and retailer about it that they are working on a solution for it.

And I hope they come up with a solution they, and we, can live with. However, it ain't over till .........

Tailgater® Now Available for Customer Accounts with HopperTM! One Purchased ViP® 211/k Receiver Allowed Per Hopper Customer Account – Effective June 7, 2012

If you are an existing customer with leased VIP equipment & want to upgrade to the Hopper you must return your leased 211k & then purchase a new 211k for the tailgater .

Last edited:
Wow. That happened fast. Do you have to prove ownership of a Tailgater?

Tailgater® Now Available for Customer Accounts with HopperTM! One Purchased ViP® 211/k Receiver Allowed Per Hopper Customer Account – Effective June 7, 2012

If you are an existing customer with leased VIP equipment & want to upgrade to the Hopper you must return your leased 211k & then purchase a new 211k for the tailgater .

I thought the 211k came with the tailgater when you buy it.

OK it does:

Tailgater - Portable Satellite TV Antenna - Take TV Outdoors With DISH!

I told everyone they were working on a solution. I didn't expect it to be this fast either though. I was thinking it was going to be July or August.

Sorry. I meant $499. lol. I knw that $499 isn't the exact price either but that's how it's marketed. We tack $.95 on ours so its $349.95 plus $149.95 for a total of $499.90. :D

AWESOME. Do you have a link or a reference for this? Google was no help in finding the source.

The info quoted above is from an internal "DishChat" memo sent out to retailers yesterday. You should be able to find info on this change starting on the 7th.

This is a step in the right direction, but they need to let customers lease them like normal. If a customer has a 722 & 211 and wants to upgrade to Hopper. They have to send their 211 (& 722 of course) back to dish and pay for a new 211. It will be fun explaining to the customer, " I know you have a 211 right here, but we have to send that one back to dish so you can pay $150 for a new one".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)