Hopper won't stay on channel.

Wen Valley

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 1, 2008
I thought I read a thread about this a month or so ago, but I can't locate it now.

Here's the problem. We want to listen to music on both hoppers at the same time for most of the day. Every time it comes time to record a program, the Hopper changes the channel to the new recording, which turns off the music.

While it's nice to have the programs recorded for later viewing, it would be preferable to NOT have the hopper change channels. Is there a setting in the menus that I'm missing?

If I set the music channel to "record" it won't switch away. Perhaps that's the only work around. I could come back later and delete the programs.

Thanks.

When I pull up the tuner menu I see that there's usually one being used, sometimes two. I would understand if they all three were being utilized, but that's not the case. Also it seems like it doesn't always force a channel change, but usually it does.

Thanks.

This usually only happens when there isn't a tuner available. You must be having two shows recording already and then it wants to use yours. You may not have that many shows all recording at once but is some shows are ending and starting at the same time there is some overlap. I've seen this happen to me before. It seems odd because when you look at your tuners you see that one is available and wonder why it didn't get used. The reason is because one of the programs just ended.

I hate the fact that during the transition, usually on the hour or half hour, that the Hopper uses two of the tuners recording exactly the same channel often causing the problem of the OP. It seems like the programmers should be able somehow just use one tuner if the next program to be recorded is on the same channel. Maybe it is the start early or end late settings that I have set, but I have 0 minutes before and 0 minutes after set as my defaults and it still does it.

This usually only happens when there isn't a tuner available. You must be having two shows recording already and then it wants to use yours. You may not have that many shows all recording at once but is some shows are ending and starting at the same time there is some overlap. I've seen this happen to me before. It seems odd because when you look at your tuners you see that one is available and wonder why it didn't get used. The reason is because one of the programs just ended.
Original post says both Hoppers so I assume he should have 6 tuners, but how does he have them programmed?

Original post says both Hoppers so I assume he should have 6 tuners, but how does he have them programmed?

The same thing I mentioned could still happen. I have all kinds of timers on both of my Hoppers so it's very possible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts