Hopper

Yes the 922 is being phased out and is no longer offered.
The people at Dish are repeatably saying the 922 is not being phased out, it's just waiting for the BB software upgrade?
I hate to be a cynical, why is Dish denying the demise of the 922 only to be found out later that it is?
I was just on the phone with a seemingly knowledgeable rep, he said it's not going away. He also said he has no idea when the Hopper is to be released......stay tuned I guess.

scott says the 922 is being phased out too.dish really screwed the 922 up imo :)

They did not really screw up the 922, it works. The software was even used again in the Hopper. The problem with the 922 is that it was a receiver with no real market. The 722 got all the goodies first since it was the one in most homes. Most customers = most enhancements. Now that there is the Hopper, what good is it to sell the 922 any more? You may as well get the hopper with a larger HD and more tuners plus the ability to have remote TVs in HD for the same $10/month fee.

If you do not want the hopper you may as well get the 722 with a lower fee.

The 922 is suffering because there is no reason to buy it, the 722 does everything it does for less and the Hopper does more for the same price.

I think the CSR probably was told the 922 will still be available as RMA's for current 922's in homes today. However, the 922 is no longer offered to new customers nor as an upgrade product to any subscribers and is being "phased out." The Hopper is the successor to the 921 and what Dish really wants in everyone's home with pretty much the same 922 UI experience and speed and capabilities (not SlingLoaded, but it will support Sling Adapter), but even better features than the 922. The 922 was/is buggy and just isn't needed anymore except as RMA's.

DISH should upgrade EVERY customer with a 922 to the hopper /joey system. Then take all the old 922s and salvage the good parts for use in the hopper. The 922 is just like the 921 that came before it: Buggy and less features . SLinging was the one thing that it is supposed to do well , it doesn't work well at all. The sling adapter does the same thing for $4.00 less a month attached to the 722k.

DISH should upgrade EVERY customer with a 922 to the hopper /joey system. Then take all the old 922s and salvage the good parts for use in the hopper. The 922 is just like the 921 that came before it: Buggy and less features . SLinging was the one thing that it is supposed to do well , it doesn't work well at all. The sling adapter does the same thing for $4.00 less a month attached to the 722k.

Sorry I wouldn't trade mine.Now if they come out with a 6 tuner Hopper 2.0? we might talk.;):D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts