Hopper2 upgrade

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sammi

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 5, 2007
I need help in determining what equipment I will need upgrading from one 722 and one 622 to a hopper2 system. My 722 is in the "cave" and feeds TV1(HD) there and feeds TV2(SD) in the living room. The 622 is in the basement and feeds TV3 there and TV's 4&5(SD) in the kitchen(main floor) and master BR upstairs. Controlling the 622 will control both TV4&5(same show, etc). The cable to TV4 ends at TV4. The cable to TV5 ends at TV5. I am assuming there must be a spiller somewhere between the 622 and TV's 4&5 that must be in a wall somewhere but I don't know where. What equipment would I need to control each of all 5 TVs (all HD) with the least cost? Thanks

I need help in determining what equipment I will need upgrading from one 722 and one 622 to a hopper2 system. My 722 is in the "cave" and feeds TV1(HD) there and feeds TV2(SD) in the living room. The 622 is in the basement and feeds TV3 there and TV's 4&5(SD) in the kitchen(main floor) and master BR upstairs. Controlling the 622 will control both TV4&5(same show, etc). The cable to TV4 ends at TV4. The cable to TV5 ends at TV5. I am assuming there must be a spiller somewhere between the 622 and TV's 4&5 that must be in a wall somewhere but I don't know where. What equipment would I need to control all 5 TVs (all HD) with the least cost? Thanks
Skip the Hopper 2 and go to the Hopper 3 with four Joey's. Should be a free upgrade for an existing customer.

You are paying what now in receiver fees? Isn't an extra Duo receiver $17 per month? What is your DVR fee is it $10 or $12? Your fees with a Hopper 3 would be $15 DVR fee, and $7 for each Joey. You could use a modulator with the composite out on the Joey and a splitter and just have a couple of Joeys.

You are paying what now in receiver fees? Isn't an extra Duo receiver $17 per month? What is your DVR fee is it $10 or $12? Your fees with a Hopper 3 would be $15 DVR fee, and $7 for each Joey. You could use a modulator with the composite out on the Joey and a splitter and just have a couple of Joeys.
Thanks Guys. To keep harmony in my house my wife must have her own receiver. I understand Dish will only allow one hopper3.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Thanks Guys. To keep harmony in my house my wife must have her own receiver. I understand Dish will only allow one hopper3.
Hopper 3 has 16 tuners, there wouldn't be any conflicts. Is it for the recordings, keeping them separate I mean?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts