Hopper2000 without carbon UI?

I'm lucky enough to still be on the old Hopper UI. Dish has threatened to "upgrade" mine to the CUI on the 10th.

Fingers crossed that that doesn't happen, just like when they threatened me last June.

I'm lucky enough to still be on the old Hopper UI. Dish has threatened to "upgrade" mine to the CUI on the 10th.

Fingers crossed that that doesn't happen, just like when they threatened me last June.
I believe some of these H2000, cannot take the carbon UI

Reactions: EchostarFan
I believe some of these H2000, cannot take the carbon UI
I hope your H2000 can't take the new interface. I have the HWS, and once I got the message that I was going to receive the "upgrade", there was no way for me to stop it. I even got it earlier than Dish's message said I would!

I hope you don't get it. My Hopper 2000/Hopper Sling/Joey 1 setup is a mere shadow of its former self. Slow is only a small part of the problems. Now that the holidays are over, I am looking to jump ship, maybe even a return to cable :(

I hope your H2000 can't take the new interface. I have the HWS, and once I got the message that I was going to receive the "upgrade", there was no way for me to stop it. I even got it earlier than Dish's message said I would!
OK, thanks

Maybe because it would cost some money or at least a 2 year contract.... ;)
It would be less money because he'd be trading a Hopper for a Joey, getting a new agreement before the prices go up and if he's been with them this long, if the old equipment hadn't suffered from the updates, would he be leaving?? I doubt it, so what's the big deal with a new 2 yr commitment for someone that would have stayed anyway?

Reactions: bspei and pattykay
They have been doing them at no cost. The last 4 I had upgraded were free upgrades

I would love to see all DISH customers who have Hopper 1/2 to be upgraded to Hopper 3 for free especially when Hopper 1/2 is not working properly since the new CUI taken place. The Hopper 3 will not take Super Joey (actually you don’t need a Super Joey because Hopper 3 has 16 tuners).

Reactions: pattykay
I would love to see all DISH customers who have Hopper 1/2 to be upgraded to Hopper 3 for free especially when Hopper 1/2 is not working properly since the new CUI taken place. The Hopper 3 will not take Super Joey (actually you don’t need a Super Joey because Hopper 3 has 16 tuners).
Like I've said before, talk to an American CSR, complain about Equipment issues and demand an upgrade or threaten to go to DTV, but the last 2 weeks, I haven't gotten an argument from any CSR's. No,. if your a Flex customer (Not Flex Pack)/pay as you go, that's probably not going to be free

Reactions: blatimer1983
Like I've said before, talk to an American CSR, complain about Equipment issues and demand an upgrade or threaten to go to DTV, but the last 2 weeks, I haven't gotten an argument from any CSR's. No,. if your a Flex customer (Not Flex Pack)/pay as you go, that's probably not going to be free

Thank you. My dad has a Hopper 2 with CUI and haven’t had any issues with it yet. If he does start having issues then he will have to contact DISH and hopefully he will get the correct CSR. I got my dad 54.0 remote controls for his Hopper and Joey for Christmas.

It is now official, carbon ui on all hoppers, I have been trying for months to get in on a H2000, without any success, woke up this morning, it's on it, I prefer the carbon over the old ui, although slower I don't mind it.

Why don't you just upgrade to the Hopper 3?

It would be less money because he'd be trading a Hopper for a Joey, getting a new agreement before the prices go up and if he's been with them this long, if the old equipment hadn't suffered from the updates, would he be leaving?? I doubt it, so what's the big deal with a new 2 yr commitment for someone that would have stayed anyway?

I can get the upgrade at no cost. But I am not interested in a 2 year commitment for 2 reasons:

1. I read on here about various Hopper 3 issues and I do not want to be locked into a new commitment if some of the problems they introduced with CUI update exist in Hopper 3, I don't want to be stuck with it for 2 years.
2. Being out of contract has gotten me discounts which is one of the main reasons I am still with Dish at this time.

Reactions: HipKat
It would seem that Dish is trying to phase out the Super Joey entirely. Note that the new Hopper Duo also doesn't support Super Joey, and you certainly can't say that it is because of an abundance of Hopper tuners in that case.

It does appear that DISH is probably not going to be supporting VIP DVRs too much longer.
There's no probably about it. VIP end of life has begun
Definitely. The hard drive in my ViP722k just died yesterday. I am hoping to get a Hopper Duo as a replacement.

Reactions: blatimer1983
I got another email from DISH saying they were going to upgrade me overnight. I wasn't able to check to see if that were true before I left this morning. I expect that it is though...

Why don't you just upgrade to the Hopper 3?

1. Why pay for a Hopper 3 when my old receiver was working perfectly fine?
2. The DVR fee will be higher. That is a recurring fee that will always be there, and no way around it.
3. New 2 year agreement. I've been out of contract for several years and get discounts because of it. I'll lose those with an agreement.

So no, I'm not happy about this, and am looking at my options.

Reactions: darrengs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts