Hopper3 & Amazon Echo?

No reason to think it would from what have read about it's capabilities/compatibilites/limitations.

If the Hopper 3 can send it's audio via Bluetooth, then yes it should work.

The echo does receive Bluetooth audio, i use it with my iPhone all the time to stream from various apps but I have not been able to pair the echo with my Hopper3.

This is what I was looking for. More research seems to point toward - if it doesn't live within the Amazon universe (they have allowed Apple and a variety of vendors access to the universe), it doesn't work with Echo/Alexa/Tap/etc.

Suggestions for an inexpensive Bluetooth sound bar? The installer sold me one when I did my upgrade in January. But, I was gone for several days. When I came home and turned it on, it says it's pairing itself with something - I have no idea what because none of my other Bluetooth devices think they are paired to it. None of my devices, including my Hopper3, can find it. I think it's dead. :-( I also think the installer charged a "premium" for it. Just would like something "decent" but not terribly expensive. (Under $100)

I just bought the one in the link (Klipsch) from a seller on Ebay for $99 with free delivery. It is manufacturer refurbished. It appears brand new and was in the original packaging. Fast shipper too.
I really like it. Oops - it is not bluetooth, so you may not be interested. I've got mine hooked up with the provided RCA cables. There is also an optical input.

The question is does the Echo receive bluetooth audio or is it web based only.

Yes, that is why I asked does the Hopper send audio via Bluetooth, and when the answer was yes is why I said it should work.

A Bluetooth audio device that sends audio out can connect with an Echo it does not have anything to do with being in the Amazon sphere. Smart devices like Wifi are more specific because of security concerns. I have tried a multitude of audio devices and all connect with the Echo/Dot. My laptop, any of our phones, my Bluetooth extender, my Bluetooth dongle, etc etc. I don't have a Hopper so can't find out what you have to do on it's end to get it to work, or why it does not work. But the Echo/Dot does not care what the Bluetooth is if it meets standards.
Can the Hopper be put into Pairing mode? Some devices always send a signal and the Echo will just find it, others need to be put into Pairing mode so that the receiving device in this case the Echo can see it and pair.

If you have not done this, Put Echo into Pairing mode, then have the Hopper find devices.

Last edited:
Reactions: SpringerTigger

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts