Hopper3 broke Rose Bowl into 2 Recordings

dweber

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 29, 2005
Plain City, OH
I was watching and recording the Rose Bowl (ESPN 140) on my Living Room Hopper3 with a 12 minute delay. At 5:05 PM my watched recording stopped. My Hopper3 did not reboot. The DVR now showed 2 recordings of the game. The first recording was 33 minutes from 4:20-4:53 PM and the second recording started at 4:53 PM and is still recording.
The Schedule shows the recording was scheduled from 4:20-8:50 PM.

In the past recordings were split if my Hopper3 rebooted but no reboot occurred and none of the game is missing. Strange occurrence.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Momentary signal loss sounds correct. I looked at the rainfall graph from my weather station and I got 0.6 inches of rain in a very short period at about the same time that the break occurred. Since I was watching the game delayed to avoid commercials I never saw the signal loss message.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Argh! I forgot to record it this year! I'll see if I can record a replay.

Did the floats roll down empty streets?

Argh! I forgot to record it this year! I'll see if I can record a replay.

Did the floats roll down empty streets?
No floats this year for the Rose Parade. I think they showed a replay of a prior parade though. This is what Colorado Blvd looked like:

Screen Shot 2021-01-02 at 10.53.44 AM.png

Reactions: charlesrshell
All I saw was the Rose Committee produced a variety show in the place of the parade and the Rose Bowl Game was played at Jerry's World in Arlington, TX. Other entities may have rebroadcast past parades to fill the gap.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)