Hopper3 install Eastern Arch 72.7 and 61.5 orbital positions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

aikoentp

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 30, 2008
Peoria area Central Illinois
Upgrading to Hopper 3 from 722/922 setup. Can I use my current pole mount antennas(119,110,129) that are Dish Pro LNBF's and DP 33 switch with a Hopper 3 or do I have to use the hybrid? Dish is switching to Eastern arch and using 72.7 and 61.5 slots. I have 3- 3' antennas on pole mounts going into a DP 33. I don't want it on the roof because of snow accumulation. I can eliminate one and re-aim the remaining. I use the larger antennas not for increase signal strength, but because they are less susceptible to rain fade.

Living in central IL, I guess I should update my profile. I know the installer will fight to not install pole mount, but I have cable that is rated. I have schedule 40 pipe a foot below the frost line with anti rotation in cement. It's about as solid as you can get. At my Sisters. they just drove some EMT into the ground. The slightest breeze made so much deflection she never had signal If I can get my hands on the new switch later on I will just eliminate one of them. Also, I have a non penetrating roof mount that, I suppose I can use that for now. I have seen some of their pole mounts The bigger antennas are great when it's raining, almost never drops out. Plus looking at the higher slots there will be less atmosphere to look thru. I have a non penetrating roof mount that the last installer used on the ground, I suppose I can just use that for now.

Last edited:
When I went to the H3 in February I used the same pole and dish arm that I had used for my 1000.2 Western Arc dish. No problems. In fact the pole and in ground hardware are the same as I used on my 10' C band dish. Just took the old dishes off and installed the new dish.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

When I went to the H3 in February I used the same pole and dish arm that I had used for my 1000.2 Western Arc dish. No problems. In fact the pole and in ground hardware are the same as I used on my 10' C band dish. Just took the old dishes off and installed the new dish.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!
That must be an interesting install, most "C" band dishes used a 3 1/2" pole and DISH used a 1 5/8" pole. How did you expand the DISH mount to go over the "C" band pole. I think you skipped the step adding an adapter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)