Hopper3 / Joey LAN Wiring Question

SKrueger

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 18, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
So I've seen the suggested wiring diagrams, but I have a question.

With my old 2-Hopper 2's and 3 Joey's, I had each hardware device connected directly to a hardwired lan connection. When I upgrade to my current Hopper 3 and 4 Joey setup I kept this same setup with each device connected to a hard lan connection.

All the wiring diagrams I've seen though show only the Hopper 3 connected to the lan and all Joey's bridged through the Hopper 3. Is there are advantage or disadvantage to either method? Or does it really matter at all?

Scott

I did not have a HwS. I went from a 722k to H3 and 1 wired Joey2 which uses MOCA to connect to the H3. That setup works fine for me. I considered wiring the Joey to the lan (ethernet), but decided that if MOCA works to stick with that so that less wiring is needed. The MOCA connection between the H3 and Joey always reads as strong and I have not had issues with the bridging. Perhaps the cable length between the 2 devices helps. The Hopper is about 12 feet from the hybrid hub and the Joey2 is about 20 feet from the hub so there is about 32 feet between the devices. I guess the advantage for me is less wiring.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts