Hopper3 missing all Apps

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dweber

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 29, 2005
Plain City, OH
Both of my Hopper3 Receivers are missing their Apps. If you select Apps from the Menu page you get EA603 message - Data Unavailable.
The full message says the following: Data is currently unavailable. Sorry for the interruption. There is no need to call us. We are working to resolve the issue as soon as possible. Press ok to exit the application.
I wonder if Dish is updating what Apps they plan to offer. I miss the weather App.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: pattykay
I gather this is not a new installation.

I gather this is not a new installation.

No, I have had both both Hopper3 receivers for over one year. They have been online for several weeks since my Dish was remounted on my new roof. I upgraded both receivers to U525 last Friday.
I just had another thought. On 10/22/18 (2 days ago) the Dish technical support had me do a partial reset of both Hopper3 receivers to try to troubleshoot why I had lost voice support after upgrading to U525. Of course voice support from Alexa and my 54 remote started working at 12:30 AM on 10/23/18.

Last edited:
Reactions: charlesrshell
I don't know why all of a sudden the CSR's are telling people to do any sort've Factory Reset. But if I want to be honest, lately, the CSR's have ascended to a whole new level of stupid. Just being blunt. Partial resets remove Joey Software, for one thing, Not normally an issue when your Joeys are already updated and in use but I assume it does more than that, too. Anytime you do a partial or master reset, the Hopper should be left in standby mode for about 30 minutes to d/l anything it needs in the background. Which as of late is hit or miss if it even works.

Both Hopper3 receivers and my Joey 2 have been off with no recordings since the end of World Series Game 2. Still I have no applications on either Hopper3 receiver. I unplugged each receiver, waited 1 minute, and plugged back in. I plan to leave them idle with no recordings until the nightly news which records at 6:30 PM. That means they will be idle for 7 hours. Hopefully, they will download the Apps.
HipKat is correct that the partial reset wiped out a lot of settings. The TV settings were 720P with a huge overscan, PTAT was shut off, my favorites lists were wiped out, etc. In the future I will not do a partial reset. The Dish Advanced Technical Support insisted that I do a partial reset on each Hopper3 receiver because he was unable to log into my Hopper3 receivers. He said that since they were not listed on his screen they needed to be reset. I am now convinced that U525 causes the Servers that Dish uses for voice commands to temporarily lose communication much like when DNS info was changed on a Nestle computer. It takes time for the new info to be replicated throughout the servers.

Reactions: pattykay and HipKat
Still no Apps after 7 hours of idle. I still get error message EA603 - Data Unavailable

The message says the following: “Sorry for the interruption. There is no need to call us. We are working to resolve the problem as soon as possible.
Press “OK” to exit the application. “

If it still does not work by tomorrow, I will call Dish even though they say no need to call us. I will not let them talk me into doing another partial reset.

The good news is that Alexa and 54 Remote Voice commands all still work.

Reactions: pattykay
Has anyone had you run a check switch test? I know it sounds odd, but I wonder if it might expose something. Do you have a mixed arc, or partial arc?

I called Dish Technical Support since it has been over a week with no applications. Dish Technical Support logged into my Family Room Hopper3 receiver. He said everything looked correct. I have Western Arc with excellent signal strength (110=68-82, 119=67-80,129=53-56). I have run a check switch on both receivers. I have a DPH42 switch. I have made sure that both Hopper3 receivers and my Joey2 were inactive and not doing any recordings for at least 12 hours each day for the last week.
The Dish Technical Support Agent said that my particular Error EA603 has been given a technical notation of 759605 so they are aware of the problem. There is currently no resolution for the problem. They have a meeting to discuss technical issues and he will bring up my issue. So meanwhile I wait.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Both of my Hopper3 receivers have all of their Apps back. They have been missing since October 24th. Now I just need to chose my teams and sports under Game Finder. I was pleasantly surprised that my login information was already there for Pandora and YouTube. Also Weather Channel and WeatherNation had my correct location.
Correction, even though the message came up to pick my teams and sports I now noticed that my previous selections are all there.

Reactions: pattykay and HipKat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts