Hopper3 stuck on check installation

More than a dozen times
Ok try calling the DISH tech department and see if they can figure out what is going on. What kind of satellite Dish are you using? I know at one time in the last 9 years , I couldn’t get my new receivers to run a check switch, because I was using an eastern arc dish and the receiver would only download the initial software from the 119 western arc sat. I had to add a side sat dish for just 119 and hooked it into my eastern arc dish and then the receiver would download the initial software from the 119 sat and then I could get the check switch to recognize the eastern arc stats. Still have that side dish for 119 hooked in to my eastern arc dish just in case it happens again. But you might just have a dud receiver that will have to be replaced.

Reactions: pattykay
Ok try calling the DISH tech department and see if they can figure out what is going on. What kind of satellite Dish are you using? I know at one time in the last 9 years , I couldn’t get my new receivers to run a check switch, because I was using an eastern arc dish and the receiver would only download the initial software from the 119 western arc sat. I had to add a side sat dish for just 119 and hooked it into my eastern arc dish and then the receiver would download the initial software from the 119 sat and then I could get the check switch to recognize the eastern arc stats. Still have that side dish for 119 hooked in to my eastern arc dish just in case it happens again. But you might just have a dud receiver that will have to be replaced.
I try tech support, the tech told me I have to activate the receiver before I can get any help

You're sure your cable is coming out of port 1 on the LNB and it's a Hybrid LNBF?? For a Hopper 3, it HAS to be out of port 1

Sent from my SM-N950U using the SatelliteG
Glad it worked. For a 42 switch, you need I line out per sat. 2 for ea, 3 for wla, 4 for intl. To the switch

I used 2 line from the WA1.2k lnb, I can only get 110 & 119 from my location, thanks for the help everyone
[/QUOTE]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 7)