Hopper3 user manual

ALMOST sounds like you’ll have a case that due to the degree of control, you are employees and not independent contractors.

FYI, the IRS hates independent contractors and vendors and is trying harder and harder to force companies into making them employees. The reason? They can double dip: tax you as the employee and make the employer pay payroll taxes on you. Most employees and almost all companies don’t like it, but that’s more and more the way it’s going.

FYI, the IRS hates independent contractors and vendors and is trying harder and harder to force companies into making them employees. The reason? They can double dip: tax you as the employee and make the employer pay payroll taxes on you. Most employees and almost all companies don’t like it, but that’s more and more the way it’s going.
At the risk of being political, the IRS doesn't give a "bleep" about whether or not you are classified as an employee or independent contractor, what they care about is if the rules are followed on the classification and that the classification isn't just a tax/regulation dodge.

At the risk of being political, the IRS doesn't give a "bleep" about whether or not you are classified as an employee or independent contractor, what they care about is if the rules are followed on the classification and that the classification isn't just a tax/regulation dodge.

Sorry, but I will have to agree to disagree. My HR Manager is a smart man and I trust what he’s told me

Sorry, but I will have to agree to disagree. My HR Manager is a smart man and I trust what he’s told me
Plenty of "smart" HR managers disagree with the IRS on the classification of "independent contractors" vice "employees. Guess who owns the hammer when push comes to shove. Companies almost always would prefer "independent contractors" because of the benefits and tax savings but the "independent contractor" label is regularly abused. Rolls Royce tried to pull it with me a few years ago.

You are correct on the we can agree to disagree part.

ALMOST sounds like you’ll have a case that due to the degree of control, you are employees and not independent contractors.
I don't know his work arrangement but in Ohio, a private company - Digital Dish - handles all Dish work (except anything done by Dish resellers) on behalf of Dish. These workers are employees of Digital Dish, not independent contractors that Dish hires for 1099 work.

Reactions: JSheridan
I don't know his work arrangement but in Ohio, a private company - Digital Dish - handles all Dish work (except anything done by Dish resellers) on behalf of Dish. These workers are employees of Digital Dish, not independent contractors that Dish hires for 1099 work.
That's the way my company in Illinois is, also. We're an RSP, not a retailer or subcontractor

Thank you again to thomasjk for directing me to the slightly outdated, but long, manual for the Hopper. I have read the whole thing and will have some questions about whether things the manual says are true for the Hopper3.

Here are the first two, both having to do with the My Changeless option that at lest used to be available.

1. According to the manual, I should have an option on the Guide to display My Channels, the ones in my package. What am I doing wrong to not be able to see this?

2. As I set up a few Favorites lists, I would like to be able to pick from My Channels. All I seem to get to pick from is All Channels,. Is there a way to pick from a list of My Channels? (preferably with the ones that have an HD option in HD, and also including the SD version of my subscribed channels that are not available in HD?)

Thank you again to thomasjk for directing me to the slightly outdated, but long, manual for the Hopper. I have read the whole thing and will have some questions about whether things the manual says are true for the Hopper3.

Here are the first two, both having to do with the My Changeless option that at lest used to be available.

1. According to the manual, I should have an option on the Guide to display My Channels, the ones in my package. What am I doing wrong to not be able to see this?

2. As I set up a few Favorites lists, I would like to be able to pick from My Channels. All I seem to get to pick from is All Channels,. Is there a way to pick from a list of My Channels? (preferably with the ones that have an HD option in HD, and also including the SD version of my subscribed channels that are not available in HD?)
Open the guide, click on options on the remote and you'll see where you can set the guide for My Channels, My HD Channels and All Channels

OK, I can do that, a multi-step process to see subscribed channels. Is there a way to just cycle between our sets of Guide selections (Our name, Sports, plus All Subscribed (which I hope does not include both SD and HD versions of the same channel)) in a way similar to the process on the 622? Sorry to keep referring to the 622, and I know its users must have been annoyed when they pressed "Guide" one time too many and didn't see the set of selected channels they were going for (the change in appearance was a help), but Dish could have, maybe, made good use of those 4 color buttons to select which list a user wanted...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)