HopperNetwork PQ Issue

truebluejack

Original poster
May 6, 2014
louisiana
So I just got the hopper a week ago. PQ is about what I expected-pretty good HD. However my abc, cbs etc. HD pic. qual. is slightly above sd in my opinion. I have had DTV and dig cable and I know they can look crystal clear. Any thoughts? Anyone ever had this problem?

Are you sure you're on the HD version of those channels? You may be looking at the SD version...

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

But they would be letter boxed. He would surely know the distinction.

I've beeb underwhelmed with Dish HD so far to say the least...I would say 50% of the time it looks very good and the other half just very soft hd, and the networks...well they look flat out bad

I suspect your resolution may be set at 420p. You are using HDMI, right?

Yeah true, go to menu, settings, HDTV, and make sure your resolution is set to 1080..I've not really heard anyone complaining about the pic quality on HD..

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

You might have to readjust the tv picture controls so it looks best with your hopper. I had this problem when I got a new tv and couldn't get my pic controls to look right. Finally got specs off the internet for pic control values for my tv brand and my 3-d hdtv looks good now on my hopper. When I had cable for a short while for a channel I couldn't get on DISH,I had to readjust that input for the best pic controls. Same for DIRECTV when I had their service along side DISH's. They all looked different and had to have pic controls adjusted for that service. I know if you have your brightness too high it will wash out all details of your picture giving you a softer look for your picture. IF you readjust your tv and it looks good on dvd or blu-ray ,but not on your hopper then maybe it is your hdmi cable? Get the newest one out there and see if that helps your picture. IF all else fails you can get a hopper replacement if you think that it's the receiver itself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)