Hopper's Closed Captioning slow to sync

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

avion

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 13, 2007
Chicagoland
I have seen the same problem with all software versions up to and including S209.

After pausing, skipping, displaying info, etc. in many cases it takes a while for the hopper to start displaying the CC again. Sometimes I have to skip back few times until it syncs up with the CC and starts displaying it again.

Anyone else seen this?

I have seen the same problem with all software versions up to and including S209.

After pausing, skipping, displaying info, etc. in many cases it takes a while for the hopper to start displaying the CC again. Sometimes I have to skip back few times until it syncs up with the CC and starts displaying it again.

Anyone else seen this?
Yes it's annoying but as long as I've had DISH it seems like they ALWAYS have problems getting CC to work correctly.
Yes. It's very annoying!

BTW, you have SW 209? I thought 208 was the latest.

S208 was pulled and replaced with S209 due to a bug.

I have the same problem. One time after rewinding a few seconds I couldn't get the CC back at all. Turning the cc on and off did no good. I had to reboot the hopper.

I have the same problem. One time after rewinding a few seconds I couldn't get the CC back at all. Turning the cc on and off did no good. I had to reboot the hopper.
I never had to reboot. I just had to skip back far enough and wait for it to resync.

Also, when choosing "yellow", which is normally the most visible color, the actual color displayed is orange! (which is not very visible.) So, I've been using white.

Also, there aren't nearly the font and color choices that were available with our 722k. So, I can't get it to the optimum style to match our preference.

Also, what's with the weird font size? Some channels have this tiny little font that I feel I need a magnifier to read while others have a more readable one. There needs to be a minimum size setting for the CC font.

Another close caption related issue. Whatever font is being used to display the captioning it is missing the accented letters and instead shows a rectangle with an X. So something like René displays as Ren?.
Quite annoying.

CC is definitely pretty buggy on the H/J.

I received my new Hopper last week and am experiencing most of the above AND other issues. With some of the issues I’ve had I don’t think the Hopper is ready for prime time yet. I realize I have a learning curve and am ignorant to a lot but my 10 YO Tivo behaves like a star compared to this unit. The lying marketing is VG. This unit has an excellent concept but………. BUGGY!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)