hoppers dropping individual tuners.

KaptainRandom

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 6, 2013
mesa az
Well this seems to be a occasional thing,
Last night, I was watching tv, primary hws, 6pm, message on screen changing channel for recording.
When the tuner changed channels, I pressed the red button to get an available tuner. I saw 3 tuners listed with channels, but tuner 3 said signal lost.
As this tuner lost seems to be happening a bit lately, I rebooted hws.
As the hws rebooted, the channel which had been lost, came on. As the hws conitued reboot process, the timers started and tuner 2 (different program) said signal lost.
Weather is not a factor.
We recently changed 1h3j to 2h2j.
I recently activated ptat.
Last night I decativated ptat, to see if that 'fixes' it.

Could be any number of things. Is it happening on both hoppers?

Possibly a cabling issue, bad node, or lnb. I had a similar problem at one point and it turned out I had a connector that I had not left enough conductor protruding on, and it didn't seat properly into the node. It worked fine for months, and then for whatever reason started to cause a problem.

Could be any number of things. Is it happening on both hoppers?

Possibly a cabling issue, bad node, or lnb. I had a similar problem at one point and it turned out I had a connector that I had not left enough conductor protruding on, and it didn't seat properly into the node. It worked fine for months, and then for whatever reason started to cause a problem.

I concur with this. Most likely a cabling or connector issue. Or even the node.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts