Horizontal or vertical? Huh?

bumbumkoala

Original poster
Nov 28, 2005
I was looking at lyngsat just cause I got bored, and I noticed that some of the channels I want are horizontal and the others I want are vertical. Is there a way that I can get both without getting 2 lnbs? Im getting a pansat 3500s if that helps.

Thanks?

bumbumkoala said:
I was looking at lyngsat just cause I got bored, and I noticed that some of the channels I want are horizontal and the others I want are vertical. Is there a way that I can get both without getting 2 lnbs? Im getting a pansat 3500s if that helps.
Thanks?

To break things down for you alittle more. The receiver itself will select which polarity by sending out voltage thus powering the lnb. Signal is horizontally polarized by the application of 17.5 to 21.0 volts and vertically polarized by the application of 10.5 to 15 volts.

This concept also works for the circular polarization lnbs. 13 volts for Right hand circularly for odd transponders and the receiver has to but out at least 17 volts "most think its 18" for Left hand circularly for the even transponders.

A vertical horizontal lnb will need to be polarized to fit the earths contour. This so the two polarity's can co-exist with each other.