Horizontal Video Shift/Judder on New 722...

nathan118

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 17, 2005
I just got my Dish installed yesterday, and so far I'm pretty happy. I'm seeing a strange video shift (which I think is only happening on HD channels).

Specifically today I've seen it on ESPN HD. I'm on the west coast. On the Point Dish screen it says:

Dish System: 500
Tuner Input: 1
Transponder: 7
Satellite: 110

Locked - Echostar 110 West Signal Strength: 62

It happens very intermittently....maybe once or twice every minute. There is no breakup at all, not like a compression problem, but instead the entire image shifts sideways by maybe 20 pixels and then goes right back. It happens very quickly.

I don't think it's a playback problem, I think it's being pulled down that way. I've tried component/hdmi and it's the same. I rewind and the studder happens in the exact same spot.

Any ideas before I call my installer back? Any other info that would be helpful?

And now I haven't seen any problems for the last half hour and watching on various channels. :)

Guess I just have to get used to some of the quirks of satellite tv.

It happens very intermittently....maybe once or twice every minute. There is no breakup at all, not like a compression problem, but instead the entire image shifts sideways by maybe 20 pixels and then goes right back. It happens very quickly.

I don't think it's a playback problem, I think it's being pulled down that way. I've tried component/hdmi and it's the same. I rewind and the studder happens in the exact same spot.

Any ideas before I call my installer back? Any other info that would be helpful?

That's a problem, you should call dish support to report it. If you press pause, can you see the issue clearly through a slow forward?

If it is happening on all channels, I'd say it's an issue with cabling or the receiver itself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)