Horrible Experience Ends Up Working Out Great

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

averagejoe78

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 27, 2010
NC
So, I've been with DTV since Sept. 07. Have had the HR21 since '08. Was offered the upgrade equipment deal a few weeks back so I took a chance in the hopes of getting a new HR24. They sent me a refurbished HR21, so I sent it back. Then proceeded to buy a new HR24 from Solid Signal, and also got DTV to issue me a $100 bill credit. Got the HR24 last week and while I was activating it, I decided to just set up an appointment to have the old HR21 installed in my bedroom, which had no DTV access. Service was set for yesterday between 8-12, and that's where things went sour...

My bedroom already had a coaxial outlet. I live in a townhouse, so all the wiring was in my crawlspace, so I assumed it would be a fairly simple job. Tech arrives at 9. At 1pm, he leaves, and NOTHING has been done. I don't even know how the time went by, but I had the same setup as I did on Saturday.

I was still on the old DVR setup with 2 lines running to the box. For some reason, this tech was just flabbergasted at my entire setup. And when he showed up, he definitely seemed like he was new, so I had a feeling I'd be in for a long day. On top of this, when we booted up the HR21, it suddenly had a hard drive failure, which made things even worse. He didn't have any equipment with him to replace it. So after hour 3 had passed, he went to his truck to call his supervisor to let him know what was going on. 40 MINUTES PASS, and then he finally comes back to the house. And then tells me the solution. So I'm guessing he called for help. But nothing was done since I now had a dead box. So the plan was to bring me a replacement today and get hooked up. And that's when things worked out.

Luckily, a different tech arrived and with him was another brand new HR24. He quickly went to my dish and converted it to SWiM. Now I have my HR24 downstairs with 1 cable, and a new HR24 in the bedroom with 1 cable. A night and day difference vs Sunday's experience.

So basically, a bad tech + a bad DVR gets me a brand new DVR and the service I wanted on Sunday. And this shows that they do make things right if there is an issue that occurs. In my experience, they definitely have top of the line customer service and is one of the reasons why I would never, ever switch back to Time Warner Cable.

Nice, glad things worked out. Have had Time Warner, bad customer service, and TV is horrible. Internet is good, but I will never go back.

Nice, glad things worked out. Have had Time Warner, bad customer service, and TV is horrible. Internet is good, but I will never go back.
Yeah, when I lived in an apartment, my only option was TWC. And their DVRs are junk, constant freezing. Been with DTV since '07 and will never switch to anyone else. Sunday was rough, but having them correct the issue the next day, and giving me a new HR24, hard to complain about that.

I didn't realize until tonight that the tech not only installed a new HR24, but he brought the Cinema Connection Kit and had it installed. So for Sunday's disaster, I get a new HR24, a free kit with free installation, and now I have Whole Home. DTV rocks.

averagejoe78 said:
I didn't realize until tonight that the tech not only installed a new HR24, but he brought the Cinema Connection Kit and had it installed. So for Sunday's disaster, I get a new HR24, a free kit with free installation, and now I have Whole Home. DTV rocks.

All jobs now get it. It's now very rare that if you have an HDDVR or an R22 it don't call for it. Upgrades, movers, new installs, and service calls all have them on the work orders now. It's the techs choice to install wireless deca's or broadband deca's.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)