Hostess Snack Cakes Recall

Entenmann's is another favorite.

Reactions: satjay
It’s been a while since I had a hostess product, though I know the product is different then what is was prior to the new company buying the name and trademarks when old hostess went bankrupt and shut down. Items look a bit smaller
Not as fresh

It’s been a while since I had a hostess product, though I know the product is different then what is was prior to the new company buying the name and trademarks when old hostess went bankrupt and shut down. Items look a bit smaller
Not only they're smaller now, but I also read that when the new Hostess company started producing the cakes, these ones had a longer shelf life than with the old Hostess.

And something tells me that wasn't precisely achieved by adding natural healthy ingredients. ;)

Not only they're smaller now, but I also read that when the new Hostess company started producing the cakes, these ones had a longer shelf life than with the old Hostess.

And something tells me that wasn't precisely achieved by adding natural healthy ingredients. ;)
Not that they were all that healthy to begin with.... :)

The new company revised the recipes for to triple the shelf life to go along with their new distribution model. The previous costly direct to the stores delivery model was a large part of why the company went bankrupt. With a longer shelf life, delivery through existing distribution networks was possible at a much lower cost.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
I know someone who is deathly allergic to cocoa nut. One time we ate out at a seafood restaurant and he specifically requested they not serve his food on a plank that had been used for anything with cocoa nut or cocoa nut oil and they messed up. Half an hour later he was on his way to the ER and they had to intubate him so he could breathe until the swelling went down - very scary.

That is why what's written on the package has to exactly correspond to what's inside even if it's obviously wrong.

I know someone who is deathly allergic to cocoa nut. One time we ate out at a seafood restaurant and he specifically requested they not serve his food on a plank that had been used for anything with cocoa nut or cocoa nut oil and they messed up. Half an hour later he was on his way to the ER and they had to intubate him so he could breathe until the swelling went down - very scary.

That is why what's written on the package has to exactly correspond to what's inside even if it's obviously wrong.
I don't think anyone is arguing with the need for the recall. I think the number of products that will be returned will be very low though, since most folks likely knew exactly what they were buying despite what the label said.

Reactions: TheKrell
Agreed,

I believe the recall was a wise decision, no matter that it might have been very obvious for some, but maybe not for folks who are first time consumers, (foreign tourists, or who knows) who won't be able to distinguish a snoball from a cupcake.

On another thought I wouldn't be surprised if some of those packages appear on ebay as a collector's item at an exorbitant price.

Reactions: navychop

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)