Houston on the Move?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

katsfan

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2007
Anyone want to venture a guess as to whether or not DISH cutomers in Houston will eventually be moved to the Eastern Arc? I would have thought that Houston is too far west, but with the move of Austin, TX to the Eastern Arc, I am not so certain any more.

They were uplinked to 61.5 for a while but never available to subs. So if they wanted to reuplink them to 61.5 they could. But my guess is that they would be on both 110 and 61.5 till they got enough cities uplinked to the eastern arc. Then they would have to switch a lot of subs in Houston to the eastern arc dishes or add a side sat dish to 61.5 to existing 1000.2 sat dish setups. The Beaumont,Tx locals are on 61.5 and we are only 90 miles from Houston, so I would think that eventually the Houston locals will be moved to eastern arc too. Especially if Austin is going eastern arc and they are further westward than Houston.

I hope they do not switch us over to an Eastern Arc setup. I have pine trees that are blocking the signal from 61.5 so if they move our locals from 119 I am SOL.

While Austin's HD locals are on 61.5, I don't think we are officially an EA city; right now they're splitting us, using 110/119/61.5; requires two dishes.

I pick up 61.5 great in Austin, so it would be at least as good if not better in Houston.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)