How am I getting all these channels?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mamakat

Original poster
Nov 7, 2007
Hi- I got Comcast reinstalled last week because I am trying to save every penny I can and this will save us $30/month for the next year..
I signed up for the 29.99 starter package which is what the installer said I'm getting. But! - We are actually getting all the channels:D -- even HBO and all the Cinemax, Showtime, everything! (except payperview)
I'm not complaining (until I get the bill!) -- but what happened? -- Is this going on at my house, or something that is happening on Comcast's end? - Are they going to figure out they flipped the wrong switch or whatever? - And will they figure it out if I go ahead and get a box for the bedroom now? (I just have the 1 free box right now, with basic cable going to the bedrooms)-- If I've got some miraculous deal going on I don't want to screw it up!
But, I still have not received a bill - so it might be hundreds of $$$, instead of 29.99! :eek:

Hi- I got Comcast reinstalled last week because I am trying to save every penny I can and this will save us $30/month for the next year..
I signed up for the 29.99 starter package which is what the installer said I'm getting. But! - We are actually getting all the channels:D -- even HBO and all the Cinemax, Showtime, everything! (except payperview)
I'm not complaining (until I get the bill!) -- but what happened? -- Is this going on at my house, or something that is happening on Comcast's end? - Are they going to figure out they flipped the wrong switch or whatever? - And will they figure it out if I go ahead and get a box for the bedroom now? (I just have the 1 free box right now, with basic cable going to the bedrooms)-- If I've got some miraculous deal going on I don't want to screw it up!
But, I still have not received a bill - so it might be hundreds of $$$, instead of 29.99! :eek:
The new cable boxes can take up to a week (3 days is average where I am) to be bound to your account, and then be mapped to allow only the channels you pay for. Enjoy it while it lasts!

There is one new Motorola HD box (DCX3400) that some places don't yet have any lock out on except PPV. I have it and it took 2 months before the channels started to get locked out on mine.

Awwww shoot! Can't get away with anything anymore I guess :rolleyes:
Thanks for the reply - that's the only thing that makes sense... I was hoping that I was special and got a "special" discount, lol..

heh,- when I first moved into this house 5 years ago, it had all the cool cable channels. I called Comcast to try and get the cable switched over into our names a few times, and was always told that I cannot do anything about it= I have to wait until the account holder himself shuts off the service, then I can switch it to my name. -- so I just let it go and waited -- for 2 years!! -- The only thing I know is that the previous homewoner traveled a lot, and maybe he had all his accounts paid automatically and never noticed he was still paying the old cable bill. - so we did get free cable for a couple years anyways :);):)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)