Seeking Browser Info for Receivers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Anas Neo

Original poster
Mar 31, 2024
Morocco
Hello everyone! I'm researching which DEC devices use the Vewd SDK, Vewd browser, or Opera. I’m particularly interested in the following models :

• DEC DTIW385 Orange
  • DEC DTIW384 UHD SFR T4H (SD)
  • DEC DCIW303 TLC
  • DEC DTIW384 UHD SFR
  • DEC DCIW387 UHD GET
  • DEC DTIW384 UHD SFR T4H
  • DEC DIW3930 UHD ALT PT
  • DEC DTIW387V UHD ALT FR (Capot V2)
  • DEC DTIW387V UHD ALT FR B50212E
  • DEC RCI88-320 KD V2
  • DEC DIW362 UHD 1n1
  • DEC ESI383-500 VF DE
  • DEC DCIW387 UHD Bermuda
  • DEC DIW387 UHD EBOX
  • DEC RTI422-320 BYT E0
  • DEC DIW377 Alt DO

Does anyone have insights on the browser capabilities of these devices or experience with using Vewd or Opera on them? Any guidance on where to find detailed specs or user experiences would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your help!

In North America, we don't see many (if any) Vewd devices. Native Roku OS and Android TV OS have largely taken over that marketplace with some minor incursion from Apple's tvOS. All three platforms have their respective "app store".

It is important to use the full name of "Opera TV" (renamed to Vewd) when referring to the Vewd platform as most likely think of the Chromium-based web browser when "Opera" is mentioned.

In terms of web browsers, the Opera Browser (including Opera GX) represents less than three percent of the worldwide browser market (perhaps fractional in North America).

The Vewd web browser, while in the Google Play store, apparently doesn't run on any of my devices.

Status
Please reply by conversation.