How are H&I and METV available on U verse?

zeebre12

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 25, 2015
new york
Why are Heroes and Icons and METV available nationally on U verse? I thought subchannels were not allowed to be broadcast nationally as they have deals with local stations? Or how does it work for these two?

I dont think U-verse is carrying them as national networks, but merely re-broadcasting the sub-channels of local stations that carry them in the markets U-verse serves across the nation like cable TV franchises do.

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk

I think it is all down to specific contracts. Dish carries LAFF full time and GetTV.
Dish carried Blue Highways TV which carried some programming from Laff (just like they carry FETV...which carries some Cozi programs)

Blue Highways just morphed into Laff 24/7 now so we will see if Dish keeps them

Are H&I and METV carried nationally on U Verse?, so if you have U Verse in any part of the country no matter what market you get both (not like other subchannels where they are just available in certain markets)

Are H&I and METV carried nationally on U Verse?, so if you have U Verse in any part of the country no matter what market you get both (not like other subchannels where they are just available in certain markets)
correct. But from what I see you get the other subchannels in the market

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)