How can a existing customer go Eastern Arc?

Hawk88

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Jul 19, 2007
USA
I have all vip recievers except a 322. I own all of them. I currently have a regular 1000 dish. I want to have them come out and upgrade me to a 1000.4 and it would be great if they updated the 322 to a vip 222. Since I own my recievers Im not sure the last will happen and not sure of how I can have them do any of this. Any suggestions?

Edit: be advised, I own 2 722s and 1 622 in addition to the 322. I have a DPP44 switch.

I think I am running into a line of site issue with trees. Signal on 129 (spotbeam 4) is fluxing between 28-35. However, I change it to spotbeam 5, its over 50, but I think Atlanta uses 4. Either way, I'm getting major pixelizing on 129 HD (I thought it was the locals issue in the main thread, but now, I don't think it is.).

You have to call, explain the situation, and see what they will do. You could always do the install yourself or just contract to have it done by a local installer if E* won't do it for free for an extended commitment. I owned all my receivers when I upgraded to HD and E* still did a DIU upgrade for me. E* has been reluctant to upgrade existing customers to the 1000.4 for some reason, even for an installation at a new site. Subs have reported getting an upgraded EA install due to line of sight issues though. I'd say just keep calling CSRs until you get one that makes you happy. :)

Here's what I suggest, go online and get an email going with ceo@dishnetwork.com. Do a dish it up for a 322 to a 222 or 222k, if you do in fact own your dvr receivers, a dish it up should be available if you haven't done one in the last year. let the agent know you have a tree to the right of your dish that is disrupting 129 and you can't have it removed. ask them if they can put a no line of sight code on the 129 prior to building the dish it up work order. If your locals are available on an ea satellite, the diu work order should automatically include installation of a 1000.4 dish since you will only have vip receivers and a nlos flag on 129 on your account.

Why would he e-mail the CEO address? He has had no issues with CSRs or installers because he hasn't even went through the normal procedures yet. People complain about the CEO address service degrading and that is because everyone uses it for trivial stuff.
Here is what the CEO address is for...

I had an installer come out to give me a wing dish... Spent all day trying to get it installed, left and even came back that same night. Finally left with no results telling me he would come back. A week goes by and I have not heard from him, have no idea what his phone number was, so THAT is the one and only time i have used the CEO address. Common people get with it... /rant off

Upgraded to EA with Committment

Dish is upgrading me this weekend to a 722 and EA because of Line of Sight issues with 119 sat. I am not currently under commitment, but they will require a 2-year for the upgrade at the time of install.

Tech who came to house says they have been doing this more and more for LOS issues.

he is using a dpp44, not a sw44. a dpp44 is compatible with a 1k4 and 1k2 lnb. however, it will disable the input port on the 1k4 and 1k2 lnbs. also, OP has left out a major detail, where are his local channels coming from? perhaps if his locals are not offered on EA, the dish would be pointless for him.

also, he owns his 322 receiver. perhaps if he were willing to do a leased upgrade he might qualify for the free upgrade some customers qualify for lately. would require a 24 month commit. i doubt and would not expect them to give him a free 222 purchased rec simply cause he does not like the idea of two dishes. then if the tech on site determines he does not have adequate los for 129, then perhaps he could get EA installed.

pretty much, there are too many details to work out. it is not simply just swapping the dish. he has to work out the details of his local channels and his 322 upgrade before he can even begin to start EA.

best bet, contact claude at dishstore.net
vip222k = 229.00
1000.4 complete ea dish kit = 99.00

for 328.00 you own the equip, no commit, and can probably make a few bucks offloading your 322 rec and 1k2 dish assembly somewhere. or keeping it for use in an RV or vacation home.

leased upgrade should work, just like a dishmover would after he had all mpeg4 equip, otherwise purchase the equip and go for an ECI

if he already has a 110 119 install, then they will only give him a wingdish and only if his locals are in hd off of 61.5 77 or 72.7. if his 129 is a los issue, they they will most only give him a wing aimed at 61.5 or 129 if his hd locals are off of 129.