How can I add a 61.5 with a superdish and DP34?

mindedc

Original poster
May 12, 2005
I would like to add a 61.5 dish to my superdish and DP34 setup. The super point to the 110, 119, and 121 satellites. I actually use the 121 bird (my wife watches some international programming). I would like to add the 61.5 dish to get the voom channels. I used to have a legacy dish pointed at 61.5, but have taken it down as it was useless when I got the superdish.

I want to do this as cheaply as possible. I have quite a few dish 300's and a dish 500 laying arround in the garage. Is there some way to get a DP LNB and a SW21 and use an existing dish? Running more wires and installing the dish are no problem (I have installed dozens of dishes inccluding the superdish), but I don't know what my switch options are and I really want to avoid having to get a more expensive switch.

You will need to use a DP LNB and for the switch your choices are DP21 (not SW) or a DPP44.

how do I hook up the DP21 to my existing switch? Do I pull off one of the 110/119 feeds on the input and put that into the 21 allong with the output from the 61.5 lnb and then put the output of the 21 into the freed port on the 34 switch?

You remove the line from the dp34 that goes to the receiver you need 61.5 on.
Connect that line to the output of the dp21.
Connect port1 of the dp21 to the port on the dp34 that you just removed the line from and connect 61.5 to port 2 of the dp21.

Ah, so I would need four DP21s for all four recievers... I suppose it would be cheaper to just get a DP44....

Thanks for your help!

mindedc said:
Ah, so I would need four DP21s for all four recievers... I suppose it would be cheaper to just get a DP44....

Thanks for your help!
Ah! So you have 4 HD receivers. You need one DP21 then for each HD box, or the DPP44.

I regularly see DPP44s on eBay for about $80. I bought one and it was new in the box and has been working great. I don't know how those guys are getting them that cheap.

Cyclone said:
I regularly see DPP44s on eBay for about $80. I bought one and it was new in the box and has been working great. I don't know how those guys are getting them that cheap.
I got one also from them it was a great deal.Might get a second for back up..

trido

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)