How can I add a third receiver?

cerivera

Original poster
Jun 30, 2006
I'm not an expert at this so bare with me! I looked up my setup, this is what I believe was installed by DN. It looks like a dish 1000 with a DishPro Plus Lnb and a DP LNB. I have two cables coming down into a little junction (its not a switch nor a separator) then one cable goes to my house into a separator then splits off to a dual tuner receiver. The other cable from the junction goes to my parents apartment below.

My main question is, I have an old DP301(?) laying around from our old house, How can I install it in our new system? Do I have to go the lnbs and disconnect the lnb in port which apparently the installers have connected from the DP LNB? Then throw another cable from the DP lnb , and get a dpp44 and hook up all 3 cables? Would this allow the addition of another receiver? Will a DP34 Work//

Do you think Dish would do this? Any xtra fees for it?

thanks!

You say the cable goes from lnb to junction??? You will need to use a dpp 44 switch to continue to use seperators if you are. If no seperators then you can use a dp 34 switch where cable comes into the house and run single wire to single receivers and 2 wires to dual receivers.
Hope that helps

I just had two of my three recievers upgraded (942 to a 622 and one of my 2 811s to a 211), as well as my main dish and switch (Dish 500 to a 1000 and the switch is a dp44 now).

I've chewed over options on upgrading the third room, which I also use in conjunction w/ a Slingbox for site-shifting my programming. Dish has stuck w/ its policy to only lease upgrade me in 12 mo., so my only option is to purchase. I'd optimally like a DVR there so I can watch recorded shows via the Sling, and wanted a new MPEG-4 reciever so that I can access all the channels I'm paying for (makes sense, right?). I'd looked at getting a 211 and buying a Tivo series 2, but when I add up the costs, I'm paying close to what I would for a 622 and I'm locking into old technology/SD on the Tivo side.

Like you, I wondered what would be involved w/ installing a DVR (and a 2-tuner one at that) in my existing configuration. So, I called both DishStore and Dish Network for purchase options and that question. I was told, as mentioned above, that all I would need to do is swap out my 811 for my 622, putting a seperator (incl. in the 622 box) and run the two lines from that into the two sat-ins. My existing diplexer for OTA antenna sep running into the 811 would work on the 622. Authorization is a 10-min. process over the phone and I'm golden. So, w/ the dp44 it seems what I'm wanting to do and you as well should work.

Please someone correct if details are wrong or I'm off base here...

I'd like to pull the trigger and order this in the next couple of days if all is indeed sound w/ the plan.

Cerivera: You can use either a DP34 or a DPP44 but using a DP34 will require additional line runs since it does not suppot DPP seperators. So I would recommend using a DPP44 and yes you would simply disconnect the DP LNB from the DPP LNB then run them all into the DPP44 switch.

Shanewalker: What you proposed would work just fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts