How can i do it so that HD channels are next to the SD channel?

guitarhero4rox

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 16, 2009
Seattle
I just got HD, righ now, and all the HD channels are in the 4 digit numbers. Can i make it so that they are next to the SD channel?

The next time your guide data is downloaded they'll be there next to the SD channels. If you don't want to wait until tomorrow you can force a download by doing a switch test. Menu-6-1-1 then test.

Ed

The next time your guide data is downloaded they'll be there next to the SD channels. If you don't want to wait until tomorrow you can force a download by doing a switch test. Menu-6-1-1 then test.

Ed
I just tried that, and it wont work. I just stopped talking with a technical chatting person, and they siad that with the package i got, you cant make the hd channels be next to the sd version:mad:

The important part of Garys answer was menu-6-9-Chan_Display-Enable and choose whether you want HD Priority (my choice), SD Only, HD and SD, or Disable.

It is the Enable that causes the "map down" of the high channel numbers (4 digit) to the low numbers or 3 digit. The low numbers are much more organized. Then you can select which channels to display in your guide and the HD will be alongside their SD counterpart.

The guide choices like All-HD are easier after you set menu-8-2-Guide_Popup instead of Guide_Button -- sometimes less presses. Your choice.
-Ken

The important part of Garys answer was menu-6-9-Chan_Display-Enable and choose whether you want HD Priority (my choice), SD Only, HD and SD, or Disable.

It is the Enable that causes the "map down" of the high channel numbers (4 digit) to the low numbers or 3 digit. The low numbers are much more organized. Then you can select which channels to display in your guide and the HD will be alongside their SD counterpart.

The guide choices like All-HD are easier after you set menu-8-2-Guide_Popup instead of Guide_Button -- sometimes less presses. Your choice.
-Ken
You see, it is wierd, because it put it as HD and SD and Enable, but they are still in the 4 digits. The national HD starts at channel 5300 with ESPN. So then i go to the SD version of ESPN, but it is not next to the SD version. I need help!!!

Man, just ended up talking with another representative
She said that you can only put HD channels next to SD channels on the american packages. You can't do that on the Dishlatino Packages, which i have. Are they racist or something? Why can't they do that for us latinos also?:mad:

I agree that's pretty stupid. Why all the different channel numbers for the same thing, if SciFi HD is 9432 for the "American" packages it ought to be 9432 for the Latinos as well. Then the OP's mapdown would occur.

I'm guessing mapdowns don't work for AK and HI either, I count five Sci-Fi HD channel numbers. One for "American" customers that maps to 122, another for Latino, one for AK spotbeam, one for HI spotbeam, and one for some other unknown package. Is there some limitation in the "package" flags that makes them have to just keep creating more and more duplicates on different numbers?

I agree that's pretty stupid. Why all the different channel numbers for the same thing, if SciFi HD is 9432 for the "American" packages it ought to be 9432 for the Latinos as well. Then the OP's mapdown would occur.

I'm guessing mapdowns don't work for AK and HI either, I count five Sci-Fi HD channel numbers. One for "American" customers that maps to 122, another for Latino, one for AK spotbeam, one for HI spotbeam, and one for some other unknown package. Is there some limitation in the "package" flags that makes them have to just keep creating more and more duplicates on different numbers?
Yeah, for me, sci-fi is channel 5329. Then i checked 9432 for the "american" Sci fi and it is red. Wow, im very dissapointed. It is such a hassle to always have to go to the 4 digit #'s.

This is another situation where the OP has been holding out on their programming package (even when asked point blank). If you want help, you have to give some clues as to what you have before the whys can be figured out..

This is another situation where the OP has been holding out on their programming package (even when asked point blank). If you want help, you have to give some clues as to what you have before the whys can be figured out..
I did say i have a latino Package. To be exact, i have the DISHLATINO Max HD essential package. And anyways, it is no use. The technical representative already said you can't move the hd channels next to the sdd channel on dishlatino packages...

I did say i have a latino Package. To be exact, i have the DISHLATINO Max HD essential package. And anyways, it is no use. The technical representative already said you can't move the hd channels next to the sdd channel on dishlatino packages...

I have the same HD package as you, and I asked Engineering about it, and they said that Dish has a technical problem whereby they can only map down from one channel number. So , since there are more subscribers to the English Dish HD package, then that is the one that gets map down.

One tip is to press Guide button until it shifts you to HD favorites group.

Favorites

Have you thought of creating "whatsmyname" favorites? You can choose your channels that you continually watch on a daily basis. You'd just hafta select all your channels and line em up. Then push the guide until it shows "whatsmyname" and PRESTO! all your favorite channels lined up in numerical channel order. (if I am wrong...some one please correct me)

Networking Question...

Hey! :-) I have a baseball question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)