How can I hook up a Dish 500 to get VOOM channels

webtent

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 27, 2005
I have Dish Network installed and pointed to 119. I have another Dish 500 and was wondering what is needed to get it working. I still have the old post from VOOM that is not used anymore with the VOOM dish mounted and pointing SE. Can I replace the VOOM dish with the Dish 500 and get those VOOM channels?

depends on your setup and what type of LNB's you have

if both Legacy or DishPro...yes
If one is DishPro and the other Legacy...no

LNB is the “eye” on the dish, which allows you to see the satellite

Do this…a check switch will tell you

Menu—system install—install—
(6-1-1 on most systems)

Scroll to check switch and select it
Select “view” and let us know what it says at the top

If it says “DishPro” anything…its dishpro
If it says “Dish500”, its Legacy

Mine says “SW21 3 sat” which means Legacy 3 satellite setup (110/119 and a wing)

Thanks. I have a 942 DVR, it doesn't have what you're showing, but I found Check Switch under the Point Dish settings. It says the same thing for both Satellite 1 and 2 under switch it says DPP Twin. It shows 3 ports under each satellite all the same, port 1 is 119 and 2 is 110, 3 is not used. Device shows Twin. Does that help? And how would I tell which kind the dish 500 I have extra here is?

you've got the wonderful convient DPP Twin :)

You'd just take your wing dish into the third port of your DPP Twin LNB and you'd be all set.

The only thing you'd do with your second lnb Is to get a DP Single or Dual LNB with the 1 eye like Iceberg said, and plug it in the the DPP Twin

OK, I've gone up on the roof to look at everything. The extra Dish 500 I have says Digital LNBF on it and it has two cables running from it with 110W on one side of the eyes and 119W on the other side of the eyes. My installed Dish 500 has three splitters. Here is link to the splitter diagram:

http://www2k3.webtent.net/satellite.htm

Where do I connect the extra Dish 500? Should I replace one of the splitters with something else? And, do I need to connect both cables coming from the extra Dish 500?

the lnbs on your extra dish 500 wont work.

You'll ned a dish pro single/dual LNB.

You'd hook the cable coming from the single lnb and hook it into the lnb that's screwed into your new dish 500.

If you take the lnb off your new dish, you'll see on the right side is a seperate port that says in and it's un-used.

the ota being split and then diplexed into the outputs of port 1 and 2 of the dish pro plus twin lnb can stay the same

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts