How can you tell if an LNB is defective?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ok4ablonde

Original poster
Aug 28, 2005
Newbie here, but not new to Dish Network. I already have a 301 receiver but until this morning I had a 300 dish connected to it. I purchased a DishPro 500 LNB and 20" dish off some sleezebag on Ebay (haven't left her a negative YET, but intend to). Anyway, I got the new dish up and then when I went to the point signal screen and did the checkswitch thing, all 4 xxxx's came up at the end for everything. Checked connections, same thing. Can the LNB be defective? I'm not the only Ebayer this person who screwed over. Thanks! (I have another question coming up too).

No, I never got a signal, we had the skew and elevation set correctly, but no matter where we had the dish aimed signal stayed on 0. BTW, I only have a "one receiver" hookup.

Also, it's too late to troubleshoot the 500, I already took it down and put the 300 back up, and now my problems are even worse.

Did you do a switch check without the Satellite in hooked up first? from your other post its too late for that... but could be a faulty Lnb, your 500 dish has the Y adapter on it right? if so you could put your lnb on it and try again (should get stronger signal than the 18"dish)

dfergie said:
Did you do a switch check without the Satellite in hooked up first? from your other post its too late for that... but could be a faulty Lnb, your 500 dish has the Y adapter on it right? if so you could put your lnb on it and try again (should get stronger signal than the 18"dish)

No, we had the dish hooked up, but we did the check switch before ever getting a signal. Yes, we had the Y adapter on it correctly.

Maybe after I "cool off" I will attempt this again tomorrow. It's 90 degrees and 100% humidity and sunny right now and I just need to settle down and cool off for awhile.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts